chapter 29: is this the end

Aura pov
The sun rose early the next day. I woke with the blinding light in my eyes. I blinked several times to get my focus, then yawned and stretched. I looked to the other, who were sleeping and a soft smile came across my face. I decided not wake them. They needed rest.

I sat where I was, my knees up to my chest. As I stared at the sun something made me look at my necklace. While staring at it I closed my eyes and remember something of my past.
-flashback-
"Blue." A lucario that was holding a small white riolu in her arms spoke to another. The other lucario looked to her. "Yes, topaz?" He asked her. "Do you think what arceus told us will come true? Could our daughters life be in danger?" The lucario known as topaz asked.

Blue sighed. "I'm not sure." He admitted to her. He watched as his wife took her necklace off. "Remember when you gave this to me?" She asked as she put the necklace on the little riolu. "Yes, I do. He answered. "It's said you can see the past. Anyone's past with that gem." She gave a smile and stared at her little riolu. "My little aura." She happily said.

The castle then shook. "What's going on?!" She asked alarmed. "The kingdom is being attacked sir." A guard came in with panic in his voice. Blue followed the guard outside and stopped in surprise when he seen the battle that was going on. Up above him a large rock flew into the side of the castle, just as topaz came running out.

"Queen Topaz king Blue go and get somewhere safe with your daughter." The one guard said and ran off to fight. The two lucarios ran away to be safe. Little did they know someone was after them and this day will conceal their fate.

My eyes shot open. I didn't want to see what was going to happen next. I already knew. "This gem can show anyone's past." I said to myself and thought of the pokemon who I wanted to see the past of. I thought of my friends and one by one their past came to me.

When I was done seeing them I frowned. "They all lost someone or something bad happened in their past." I sighed. I turned and looked behind me as the others woke up. "Morning aura." Flare said to me. "Morning." I replied. "Good morning love." Lucas told me and I got a smile on my face. "Good morning." I told him.

"Where did arceus go?" Kara asked, looking around. "He left last night after you guys fell asleep." I told them, my tone going depressed. "Is something wrong?" I was asked. "No." I replied. Everyone was silent for a while, looking around. "We should go on the move." Someone said. I wasn't paying attention as something caught my sight.

I walked up on a hill that was close to where we were. In the distance I seen a light blue and white castle. I gasped, my eyes widening. "Is that?" Rose asked I awe. "The aura kingdom." I breathe. "My home." I remembered what it looked like from when I seen all those memories.

~~~

We walked down the hill toward the aura kingdom. It was strange going back to the place I was born in and only lived at for a shirt time. I walked to the gates of the kingdom with my friends and two guards stood their. Under their mask they were wearing I seen them smile and they let us in.

When walking in all eyes fell on us. All the people of the village of the kingdom were looking at us. There were whispers among everyone. Through the crowd an older guys stood, with a smile on his face. The others stopped without me knowing and I walked up to the elder lucario.

"Princess aura." He said with a laugh in his voice. How dose he know me if I was just a baby then? I wondered to myself. "Princess aura has returned!" He yelled out to the crowd. Cheers erupted from the crowd and something came back to my mind. This wasn't a time for happiness, war would becoming soon.