chapter 28: god of Darkness

Aura pov
The sky had begun to grow dark. The wind was picking up, but I could sense no storm coming. Around us the wind grew ever stronger and knocked us to the ground. Around us everything began to shake and rumble. "What's happening?!" Flares voice screamed above everything. "I don't know! Stay down!" I yelled.

Up in the sky a golden light came. This light opened up and out came the legendary pokemon arceus. "Arceus." Flare said, amazed. The legendaries eyes glowed a deep red. There was no doubt he was evil. "Now!" I yelled to the others, seeing he wasn't paying attention to us

All of us shot power at him. All at once the powers hit him, but they repelled. "What?!" Rose asked, suprised. Arceus, now had his gaze on us. A blinding, golden light formed at his head. Moving his head down in one swift motion the golden light flew toward us.

The other jumped out of the, but I stood where I was. The light brought a vision to me. Before I knew it I was hit with the light. I flew and fell to the ground, roughly. "Aura!" Lucas yelled. I lifted my head slowly to see him. "Are you alright?" He asked me. I was silent for a moment as I remembered what I seen. "I'm alright." I replied, forcing myself up.

"Try it again." I ordered. The eight of us used our power once more, but it didn't work, again. Arceus came to the ground and blasted fire at us. I used water, which I can sense I have all powers. Lucas did a back flip and got onto arceus back. He used aura pulse, as he's done on several of the other pokemon. The attack came back to him and he fell off arceus.

Night consumed arceus in shadows and threw him. Arceus slid across the ground, but got up, as if nothing happened. "How are we suppose to defeat him?" Blade asked, unsure of what to do sense our powers weren't working. "We'll find a way." I assured him.

I used the power of lightning and electrocuted arceus. The legendary stumbled as the lightning actually damaged him a bit. Flare used a mixture of fire and magic in a storm. When the powers hit arceus they didn't repel. I took away the protect shield that we all assumed arceus had.

Lucas used aura pulse from a distance and it damaged arceus. Blaze used a volcano eruption like power, which blew arceus a great distance. Arceus got up and his eyes glowed brighter. The ground around us shook once again. A screeching noise filled the air.

All around me the others were holding their ears, as was I. The wind picked up around us and the ground began to shake more to where it began to crack and open up. The ground below us had opened and we fell. All the sudden I felt myself land on something and heard explosions.

I opened my eyes, from when I closed them. I was on the back of dialga. Lucas and flare were on him with me. Dialga blasted arceus with roar of time as palkia, who had rose, blaze, and night on his back used a pink orb from his arm. Garatina, who had kara and blade on his back used a purple orb.

We jumped off the three pokemon and I shocked arceus again. He had gotten his shield around him again, some how. When I did this the three other legendaries used a  power and the three collided. This injured arceus. Me and the others used our most powerful attacks and hit arceus with them.

Arceus fell to his side and fainted. The three other legendaries gave a roar of victory as we high fived or hugged each other. Arceus opened his eyes. They were still red, but weren't glowing. He looked to us as dialga, palkia, and garatina flew into their portals. "Aura, Lucas, flare, blaze, rose, blade, night, and kara." He dipped his head to us as if bowing. "Thank you."

He looked to us. He seemed to of had pride in us. "The right eight pokemon were picked. Bravery, courage, faith, hope, and the will to never give up lives in the hearts of you all." He said, then stared at the setting sun. "Tomorrow is the eve of the summer solstice. You eight have saved all us legendaries, now the true task begins. Get rest before your battle."

At his words the others nodded. I could tell they were all exhausted. Arceus stood by, not leaving, so I walked over to him as the others settled down. "Princess aura." He said. "Arceus, how did this all begin? How were the eight of us chose? Why did my parents have to die that day?" I stopped asking for a moment. "Why is Lucas destined to die tomorrow?" I questioned.

"So many questions aura, but I think you know all the answers to those." He spoke wisely. "Do I?" I asked, then he said. "Do you?" I searched my mind for the answer, then remembered what I seen when I was staring at the golden light.

"A kingdom once lived near the aura kingdom. Prince blue got married to a young girl his age from the village. Her name was topaz and she became queen when he became king." I began to say and arceus said nothing. I continued. "About a year later my mother found out she was pregnant and that was the same time a war between the kingdoms broke out because of that human." I stopped again.

"My parents came to your temple to speak with you to see if I'd be okay. You then told them a prophecy: The dark days are her, and all have fear. Dark shadows cover the land and all there is, is the end. Eight there'll be, but only one will see in the end fate will be. As the sun rises one dies and there'll be solemn cries. When true power is realized then one will rise." I spoke the words of his prophecy.

"You told them it was for me, their daughter. It meant my eight friends and all about our final battle along with lucas death...." I trailed off for a moment. "But the last part about true power I don't understand." I looked up to him. "All will be revealed soon dear aura." He told me and a golden portal opened in the sky. He flew into it and it sealed. "There's one. I must stand alone." I said to myself, looking at the others, asleep.