4.

//Jamiah in the mm//

A week has gone by since the incident at dinner. Bella and I have been avoiding all contact with Jacob since then. I would see him around school. He would stare at me and roll his eyes.

Besides that I made friends with this guy named Rayan. He's really nice and artistic and kinda cute. He has a deep brown skin tone, two long braids, and a deep, raspy, husky voice that makes him sound like he's sick, but I lowkey like it.

We started talking last week in history. The teacher had us paired up and I was pretty much cracking up the entire time cause he's so funny.

Lunch time comes around eventually and Rayan meets me outside my class like he's done this entire week.

"Hey Miah!" Rayan says using his nickname for me. His arm hooks around my shoulders as we walk down the hallway.

"What's with your arm kid?" I question his actions. "I gotta make sure none of these dudes are staring at my girl."

"Your girl? We're not even dating!" I raise a brow. "Not yet" he smirks.

"You're funny kid." I say and walk away from him. Just like I expected he runs up behind me and grabs my hand.

"You ain't think I would let you go that easy did you?" He smirks again and I playfully punch his arm.

Rayan intertwined our hands as we walk to the lunch room, I think I'm starting to really like him.

We take a seat at our usual table after we get our lunch. I spot Bella across the room and wave her over when we make eye contact.

She and Ryan sit in front of us.

"Sup Ryan."

"Sup Rayan"

They're both basically best friends too, they started being friends in elementary because of the similarity in their names.

Ryan was a caramel color with short brown curly hair. His eyes were hazel and green and he had plump pink lips. He's about 6'2 and of course he plays basketball and football.

I ain't gon lie, Ryan is fine as hell and I'm pretty sure every girl in the school is jealous of Bella now that they're talking.

"Aye man lets take a walk real quick, I got something to tell you." Ryan says.

"I'll be right back." Rayan whispers in a low voice in my ear, sending goosebumps down my spine.

Ryan says the same to Bella and kisses her cheek. They both walk away.

"EEEKKKK!!!" Bella squeals when they're out of sight. "Best friend I think I'm in love." She clutches her heart as if it hurts.

"All I know is, I better be the maid of honor." I snap my fingers in a ghetto fabulous way. "You know I gochu boo. But wassup with you and Rayan? You guys been like inseparable for a whole week."

"Oh we're just talking." I say like it's nothing. "Oh come on! I see the way you look at him."

"Ahh ok so I like the guy. He's just soooo.." I sigh. This feeling inside of me is foreign and I'm not sure if I like it.

-

The day ends and me and Bella make our way back to her house. I'm so glad it's finally the weekend.

Bella and Noah are leaving to see their dad for the weekend so as soon as we get to the room Bella starts packing.

"Why you gotta leave me friend!" I whine and plop on the bed. "I gotta go see my daddy. But I'll be back on Sunday."

To pass time while we wait for it to be time for her to leave, we watch tv. There's pretty much nothing good on so we decide to talk instead.

After thirty minutes of complete boredom, Teresa calls for Bella. "If he does anything to you, please let me know." She says. I already know who she's referring to.

"I will. I'll pretty much stay in here so it's ok." I say. "I'm serious. If he does I won't hesitate to come all the way back here."

"I'll be fine Bella." I say and pull her in a hug.

"Behlen let's go, we have a four hour drive ahead of us." Her mom calls again.

After she pulls away she grabs her bag. I walk with her to the front and watch as they pile in the car.

This is gonna be a long weekend.