8.

Me - yea sure. After school?

I press send without thinking. Instantly I get a text back.

Rayan - I'll see you tomorrow *insert kissy face*

Pretty soon it's time for dinner. This time I make sure that I'm sitting next to Bella.

Thought dinner, Jacob and I barley touch our food. He looks at me the majority of the time with an expression I can't really define.

I pretty much stared down at my lap but glance up at him occasionally. His foot would sometimes touch mine, and I would let him, just to have some kind of contact.

My phone buzzes with a text. I hold it under the table so it won't seem obvious.

Jacob - are you ok? What's wrong?

Me - nothing, just thinking

Jacob - about what? And you barley touched your food

Me - just stuff with my life, and I just don't feel good, neither have you

Jacob - im not really hungry but I need you to eat bby

Jacob - please

Jacob - I don't want you to starve

Me - I'll eat only if you eat

Jacob - fine

I pick up my fork and look at him as he does the same. I take a bite out of a potato wedge. He gives me a small smile.

Jacob - do you feel better?

Me - Yes thank you

We finish the rest of our food in silence. I volunteer to do the dishes as everyone else goes upstairs.

I clear the table and Jacob helps me when everyone disappears. "What are you doing?" I ask.

"I'm not gonna let you do this by yourself." He says as we gather the rest of the dishes and go to the kitchen.

"Can you tell me what you were thinking about?" He asks as I start the water. "I told you just stuff."

"No. Tell me what kind of stuff. I don't like how quiet you were today." Jacob beings putting the dishes in the water.

"But I never talk during dinner." I state. "I know but, your expression was quiet and sad and I don't like that. I'm so used to seeing you happy, even when you're not talking to anyone."

Wow. I didn't realise he noticed me that way. "Can you tell me please?" He pushes. "Well honestly, I was thinking about you and Rayan. Cause Bella told me he's planning to ask me out. And today he texted me if I could come over tomorrow."

"And you said yes." He says like he saw the texts himself. "How did you know?"

"Because you can't say no to anyone except me." The hurt behind his voice breaks my heart. "Jacob, you know how I feel about you."

"No it's ok, I understand why though." He doesn't say anything else. We continue doing the dishes in silence.

Once we're done he presses a kiss to my cheek and walk away. "Goodnight Jamiah." He says.

I go upstairs, change into some night clothes and lay in bed next to Bella.

"Are you awake?" I ask. "Yea, I haven't been up here that long." She says, not sounding sleepy at all.