31.

Don't forget to vote and comment on what you think, I love reading comments💖

I looked at myself in the mirror as I adjusted my dress strap. It was 9:30 and I was officially 20 minutes late for the ceremony.

I had been debating all week if I should go but i knew I had to. This day would make or break us and I was hoping it was the first option.

I grabbed my keys and phone before making my way out of the house and into my car. As I drove down the street I turned the radio up to drown my thoughts but I couldn't help it.

I  hadnt seen him in so long and I started to miss him. I was over the crying faze because I knew he would eventually come through. Even though it broke me for weeks I knew we would make it. I just hope I was right.

My phone began to ring and I put it on speaker.

"Hey Bella."

"Where are you? They started almost 20 minutes ago."

"I'm stuck in traffic but I'll be there soon. You didnt tell him I was coming did you?"

"Of course I didnt. Now hurry up."

We ended the call just as I arrived. I got out the car and walked into the building where the ceremony was being held.

Students dressed in cape and gowns filled the room on one side and on the other side was parents and other loved ones to watch their children move up into the adult life.

I  found my seat next to Bella and scanned the room looking for him.

"Well hey to you too girl."

"I'm sorry. Hey I missed you." I puled her in a hug since it was the first time we seen each other since she left.

"It's ok. I know you're anxious to see him. He actually should be walking soon because they're in the P's now."

"Jacob Perez."

My eyes shot up at the stage and I saw him. He received his diploma and shook hands with the principal. His eyes scanned the crowd as if he was looking for something, or someone. Was it me? My heart warmed at the thought.

"Has he told you anything about... you know." I asked Bella.

"He hardly tells me anything anymore. He's closing up again."

Before I knew it the ceremony ended and people threw their hats up in the air and cheering.

I got up to try and get to him. Weaving and squeezing passed people began to get tiring because of the rushing crowd of people. I began feeling helpless since everyone was dressed the same as him.

Finally I saw him looking around frantically. I wanted to run in his arms and kiss his face but I knew I couldn't. The closer I got to him the more farther away he seemed.

And then I saw her. She grabbed at his arm so he was facing her and wrapped her arms around his neck. And he hugged her back. She lifted her head to kiss his cheek.

My eyes met with his and he pushed her off slightly but by then I was already turning around and rushing out the building.

"Jamiah where are you going?" Bella called to me.

"Some things dont change Bella. Some things just dont change." I say before running back to my car to get out of here.

//Jacob//

"Jacob Perez." I walked across the stage and received my diploma before shaking the principal's hand. I searched the crowd looking for her.

I realized I was standing up here too long and then got off of stage. Regardless of my emotional state I was honestly relieved to finally be graduating.