28.

//Jamiah//

I opened my eyes when I felt the light from the sun shine on my face. My head was slightly foggy from just waking up and my face was... sore.

Memories from last night filled my mind. I was suddenly sad. Was he still here?

For his sake I hope he was, considering how drunk he was last night.

The smell of food traveled to my nose confirming that he was here. I got out of my bed and realized I was in nothing but a bra and underwear.

He must've not known what to dress me in after I fell asleep in the tub. I laugh to myself and grab my robe and slip on some house shoes.

The smell that permeated the house became stronger as I went downstairs.

"Where are the chocolate chips? Damnit does Jamiah even like chocolate? No she likes strawberries, fuck!" I  heard Jacob in the kitchen rambling around. It put a smile to my face.

"No she doesn't like strawberries. She definitely likes chocolate. Fuck, this is killing me."

"I like both." I say startling him. He turned his attention to me with a surprised expression. He was holding a spatula and a bag of chocolate chips.

He was shirtless with sweats on and he looked absolutely delicious.

"You're up." A small smile tugged at the corner of his mouth.

"I was just.." He looked around at the messy kitchen. "I wanted to make you breakfast."

I bit my lip and looked down at my feet. "It's nice. Well it smells nice."

"So do you." He says. "Wait. I mean.. fuck." He tugs at the grey streak of hair on his head.

"I get it." I laugh at his expense. Once again he gives me that look. That 'I love this girl so much' look.

He drives me crazy and I love him so much.

"I think your bacon is burning." Realization sets on his face and he rushes to the burning bacon and takes it out of the skillet.

"I guess it's ready." He says while waving the smoke out of his face.

After a little while he piles a plate with the food and sets it on the table in front of me.

"Are you going to eat?"

"I had cereal already."

"I know you're still hungry plus I can't finish all this food by myself so come share it with me." He smirks but still sits in the chair next to me.

The first thing I try on the plate is the omelette that was packed with sausage, bell peppers and cheese. Next the chocolate chip pancakes. I gave Jacob a forkfull of food.

"I'm impressed Jacob. This is actually the best breakfast I've had in a while. It tastes exactly how my dad used to make it."

Memories of my father and I together in the kitchen when I was a little girl flow through my mind.

"Im sorry about last night. I promise I will never touch you like that again."

"Jacob, I remember all those months ago when you begged for me to fix you. From that day on I was determined to do so." I begin to fumble with the promise ring on my finger. "But I've learned that we can't just fix people."

"So what are you saying?" His eyes began filling with worry.

"I've seen so much progress in you. You've turned from a hateful person to someone who can feel and have the capability to love and forgive. I'd like to believe that I've had something to do with that. But there's something inside of you that I just can't fix. What I'm trying to say is... you need help. Professional help."