26.

//Jamiah//

It has been a few hours since Jacob took me back home. I honestly can't decipher how he feels . When his dad died in front of him sure enough he cried, but what had me concerned was the look on his eyes as he drove me home.

He looked empty and emotionless, almost dead. Whenever I tried talking to him he either ignored me or answered with one words responded in a monotone voice.

I didn't press him like I normally would because I know how it feels to lose a father. It was probably worse because he was barely getting to know his father and ended up losing him the day of his birthday. He needed time to alone to pick himself but if he needed me I'll be glad to be There.

Unexpectedly I heard a knock at the front door. I got up to answer it but once I opened the door I was shocked at who stood before me.

"Bella? What are you doing here?" She looked down at her shoes with an ashamed expression. I noticed the bruises on her face and body. Her nose and lip were also bloodie.

She held onto her stomach and tears streamed down her busted face.

"J-Jacob.. he beat me again.. and... I'm... pregnant and..I think I lost the baby." I looked her up and down and could tell she was telling the truth.

I wrap her close in my arm and bring her into my house. I sat her in my bathroom while grabbing the first aid kit.

I began cleaning off her wounds. Once I was done I gave her an ice pack for her eye.

"I'm taking you to the hospital. First you need to get showered. I'll let you borrow some of my clothes."

She followed me to my room as I gave her a pair of jeans and t-shirt. She turned to walk to the door but stopped right in front of the door and turned back to me.

"Uh. Thank you. I honestly came here thinking you would kick me out and slam the door in my face like I did to you."

Before I could respond to her she disappears to the bathroom. I ran my hand over my face and begin looking around the house for the keys to the car that my father bought me. It was supposed to be reserved but this is an emergency.

I finally found them at the top of my mother's closet. Once Bella got out the shower we got into the car and drove to the hospital in silence.

Pretty soon we arrived at the emergency room and we were able to get her into the doctors care.

I sat in the waiting room for almost three hours until I was able to visit her room.

"So you wanna tell me how this happened?"

"Well it was my fault. He came home and I was saying some pretty mean stuff about you to his face. I guess I was still bitter. Then he warned me but I kept going. Next thing I know he's dragging me on the floor and relentlessly beating me. Once I saw the blood in between my legs I knew it was over."

"Did he know you were pregnant? What about Ryan? "

"No he didnt. I told me mom a few months ago and we both suggested that I move with my dad to keep him from knowing. As far as Ryan, he wants nothing to do with me or the baby. Not to mention the whole time he was messing around on me."

"I'm sorry that you have to go through this."

"No it's all just karma and me getting what I deserve. I put someone who didn't even care about me over my best friend, then I overreact by kicking you out and talking shit about you . Now I've lost everything, including my unborn baby. I don't even deserve to have you here now."