15.

//Jacob//

After about a thirty minute drive, I find a parking space on the street in front of Joseph's house, or should I say mansion. He obviously stretched his story when he said he was in and out of jobs.

I didn't bother letting him know that I was coming over. He decided to come into my life with no invitation so I'll do the same.

I knock on the door and wait a few seconds until it's opened. At the door is Joseph. When he sees me his eyes widen.

"Jacob.. I didn't expect to see you today." He smiles slightly. "Would you like to come in?"

"No I think I'll stand outside all day and look at your door." He frowns at my sarcasm and opens the door further for me to come in.

Just as I expected his house is decorated with an expensive and exclusive taste. Had enough money to buy all this but couldn't even take care of your own son?

I follow him into the family room to see I'm assuming his "family" sitting there.

"Everyone, this is my son Jacob. He's the young man I've been telling you about." I hate how he introduced me as his son. If he wanted to be my dad he'd have to earn the title.

"Jacob that's my wife, Joann." He points to a brown lady that's in her early 40's.

"Those are my step children, Mike and Jordyn." Mike looks to be about 6'3 and has a dad hat on. I can tell from the clothes he's wearing that he's an athlete. He nods his head at me and I return the gesture.

Jordyn has her box braids up in a high bun. She looks me up and down then smiles.

"And this is my daughter Skylar." Skylar is about the same height and skin tone as me. Her light brown hair is put up in a bun. I can see the resemblance in us in the eyes and lips.

"Jacob, we were just about to get ready to have dinner. Would you like to join?" Joann says.

"Uh yeah. Sure." I say even though I don't want to. Joann and Joseph go into the kitchen to do whatever it is that they do here.

"Have a seat Jacob." Jordyn pats the seat next to her. I sit down and put as much space between us as possible. She doesn't seem to get the message because she scoots even closer.

I'm quiet majority of the time as they all engage in their own conversation. I text Jamiah that I miss her. After a few minutes of no reply I put my phone away.

Jordyn begins getting a little touchy by setting her hand on my knee which makes me uncomfortable. I almost jump out of my seat when Joann says that the food is ready.

Just like the rest of the house the dining room is fancy and elegant. Joseph sits and the end of the table, as if it was his throne or something.

Joann sits on the left side of him and Mike on the right. I sit next to Mike, Skylar sits next to me, and Jordyn sits across from me.

"So if I remember correctly, your 17 Jacob." My dad starts a conversation and I nod.

"You plan on going to college?" I nod again.

"What do you want your major to be?" I shrug. If this was how the rest of the dinner would be going I'd better leave now.

"Well Mike is in his last year of college and he's studying to be a biochemist. He's got a full basketball scholarship at UCLA. Jordyn is a freshman there as well, studying psychology. Skylar is a sophomore in high school but she wants to be a doctor." He brags proudly.

"You seem very proud of that." I say with jealousy laced in my voice.

"I am." He says with a smile.