30.

//Jamiah//

"Is that everything?" I  asked Bella as I put the last of her luggage into her mom's trunk. Today she was leaving for Oakland to live with her dad and it'd be the last time I'd see her in a while.

"Yeah I think that's everything." She looked around the driveway. We had been packing her stuff since 8 this morning and it was going on 12.

The day before me Bella and Dayvonn spent the entire day together. It was honestly one of the best days we all spent at Once in a long time. We took a drive all the way to San Diego, took Polaroid pictures at the beach, ate out, and visited the San Diego Aquarium.

It was nice to finally have a good day with my two best friends since this whole mess started.

"I won't be leaving for another hour so do you wanna go somewhere?" She asked. "I know you probably don't want to stay here since what happened between you and Jacob so we could go out."

I hadn't seen Jacob since that night. Almost a month had passed by and we had no contact with each other. I didn't want to think we were over for good but it was starting to show.

"Yeah lets grab some Coldstone and get our favorite." I said as Bella held a smirk, knowing which one I'm talking about.

"Chocolate Devotion!" We said in unison.

We walked up to her room so she could grab her phone and some money. Once we were settled, we began walking to Coldstone since it was about a half a mile away.

As usual the line was rather long but we entertained ourselves by joking around and showing each other funny memes.

Once it was our turn, we gave our orders and watched as the server made our ice cream. We paid and decided to sit at an outside table since it was a nice warm day.

I took my first bite and almost moaned from the taste. "I haven't had their ice cream in forever. This was much needed."

"I know same." I said, not wanting to say much because I was trying to enjoy my food.

"How did court go yesterday?"

"Long and boring but we got what we wanted in the end. Ryan and Ray got 5 years. But since Mike is grown, he lost his basketball scholarship, got kicked out of UCLA, and is going to grown man prison for 10 years." I said referring to the court date I had with what happened with Ryan, Rayan, and most recently, Mike. My mother is a business woman so she had a lot of connects with really good lawyers. "It's crazy cause they all looked like they wanted to kill me."

"Those bitches deserve it. I honestly feel so bad about not seeing the signs with Ryan earlier."

"I told you before it's ok. We're past those times and things are better now." Somewhat.

She begins talking again but I zone out when I look past her for a split second. I see him.

The only difference is that he cut his hair which is now faded on the sides and back, with the curls on top of his head slightly shorter but still a little piece dangled on his forehead. He had all the piercings in his ears showing and wore the hippie glasses that I bought him on top of his head. He wore a black bomber jacket, an olive green t-shirt, some black jeans that had a rip in the knee, and black timberlands.

As my eyes traveled his body, I noticed he was also wearing another girl on his arm. My nose began to burn at the sight.

She was honestly really beautiful and apparently the exact opposite of me. She was on the light skinned side while I was honey brown. She had long straight hair flowing down to her waist while mine was curly and always sat in a bun. She was short and wasn't necessarily skinny but wasn't fat. She had it in all the right places as to where I was pudgy and didn't have an hourglass figure. Her face was full of makeup but she actually looked good, and she wore revealing clothes while I was more conservative.