29.

//Jacob//

The week had went by fast and it was already the day for prom.

I'm honestly really nervous.

I didn't plan on ever going to prom but I have something to prove to Jamiah. I had to prove that I could be normal.

I can. Can't I?

After trying to fix my silver tie for the twentieth time I rip the stupid thing from my neck. Oh yeah, real normal Jacob.

"You need help?" I turned around to see Bella standing in my doorway.

"Uh... I guess."

She takes the tie from my hands and wraps it around my collar, tieing it easily.

"You're okay with this?"

"It takes a little getting used to but she's my best friend and I accept her relationship with you." She folds the collar down on my dress shirt perfectly before stepping back and admiring her work.

"I know I've been really shitty to you for, well, your entire life but I'm trying to be better. For her."

"I know. I can tell you really love her. And she loves you."

It's quiet for a few awkward moments and I'm just staring at my shoes like an idiot. I finally break the silence.

"Well I guess I have to go."

She nods and leaves me alone.

Instinctively, my hand runs through my hair. To say I was nervous was an understatement. I wanted tonight to be perfect.

I grabbed my toothbrush and ran over my teeth one last time before jetting out the door.

Once I got in my car, I started up the engine and pulled out the driveway. The drive to her house was quick but the closer I got, the tighter my stomach became.

//Jamiah//

"Mom! You burned my ear again"

"You have to stay still Jamiah." She released the curling rod frm my hair before grabbing another piece and wrapping it around.

Once she released it, she adjusted my hair to perfection before handing my a small mirror.

"Wow." I whisper to myself.

I've never worn this much makeup before and I was actually pretty nervous when she started caking concealer on my face. But I think I actually look beautiful for once in my life.

The doorbell rung and I started getting nervous. What if he didn't like what I was wearing, or my hair, or my face?

"That must be him. You finish getting ready and I'll let him in."

After she left, I began pacing around the room. I could hear her calling me to come downstairs so I had to rush to find my shoes.

"I'm coming!"

Once I found them, I checked my appearance and made my way down stairs.

I saw him for the first time today and I was honestly almost blinded by his beauty.

His hair was slightly cut and dyed back to black. His eyebrow had two fresh slits at the end. His tuxedo fit him perfectly and he had a silver tie that matched my dress.

"Let me take a few pictures!" My mother grabs her camera as I stand next to Jacob and smile.

A few pictures turns quickly turns into fifteen as she continues making us do different poses.