18.

Jamiah

My eyes open slightly and I'm greeted with fuzzy vision. My head begins to vigourysly pound as my vision becomes clear. Where am i?

I'm in a car. I notice the smell and leather seats from a mile away. I'm in Jacob's Jeep.

Memories from before flash into my head. I feel so disgusting. How could I have been so dumb to let him use me like that?

I can see in the reflection of my phone the bruise under my eye. I put my phone down and sigh in sadness.

Where is Jacob? And what time is it? I would check my phone but it's dead and I have no charger. From what I can tell outside it was close to nighttime.

I look to the front of the car and see Jacob sitting on the hood of the car. I get out and quietly walk to the front.

"Youre up." He looks at me and smiles. He pats the spot next to him and I take a seat.

"Why dont you have on a shirt?" I say looking at his bare chest.

"You're wearing it." I look down and see that I am in fact wearing his shirt. He must've put it on me after Ryan had ripped my shirt up.

I look around and notice we're on a hill with the city lights far below us. It was a beautiful sight.

His smile turns into a slight frown as he takes in the bruise on my face. I flinch away when he touched my face considering it's still sore.

He grabs my face anyway except he avoids my bruise. He pulls me in closer and envelopes my lips in his.

Usually his kisses felt exhilarating and exciting, but this time he took it slow and cautiously like he's trying not to hurt me.

"I'm sorry. I should've been there earlier" he says pressing our foreheads together.

"You came and that's all I can ask for." I say and caress his cheek. "I love you." I blurt out.

Did I really just say that?

"What?" Jacob scrunches his eyes together in confusion.

After a few beats of silence I take a deep breath and look him in his eyes. "I said I love you."

"You mean that?" I nod.

"Well with that being said I dont feel as nervous." He says taking my hand in his.

"Whys that?"

"I got something for you." He reaches in his back pocket and pulls something out.

"What's going on Jacob?"

In his hand was a small black box. He opened it and revealed a diamond crusted rose gold ring. Was he about to propose? It's way too soon.

 Was he about to propose? It's way too soon

"Don't worry, I'm not proposing." He chuckles nervously shaking his head. "It's a promise ring. As corny as this may sound, I see you in my future and this is just one of the many steps I wanna take for us to make it. I believe you're the one and that's why I'm giving you this ring."