23.

Tap..

Tap..

Tap..

It was about 2 in the morning when I checked my phone. Whoever it was disturbing my sleep will suffer the upcoming consequences. I climb out of bed and look out my window. I  see someone that I didn't think would be here.

Rayan...

I find my way to the door and open it to greet him. Instead of his usual style of two braids, his hair was up in a bun and I couldn't lie, he looked good. His all black clothing suited him well.

"What are you doing here?"

"Is it okay if I come in?." I nod and let him in the house. He takes a seat on my couch and I sit next to him.

"I  heard about the rumors. I'm sorry." He came to my house at 2 am for that? He could've just texted me.

"Its ok. I guess." It was awkwardly quiet for a few minutes until i spoke up again.

"I'm sorry about what happened between us. I  meant to tell you a long time ago but you kinda went MIA on me."

"Yeah I didn't exactly take it too well." He chuckles. "We had some good times though right?"

"Yeah I guess we did... kid." I say calling him by my old nickname for him.

He smirks and looks at me with a look in his eyes that I  can't quite read. His stare is so intense that I looked away to my shoes.

Before I can even blink, he catches me off guard by grabbing my chin and pressing our lips together.

I'm not able to move for a couple of seconds because I'm in shock but once my mind catches up I push him away from me.

"What are you doing?!" I glare at him while wiping my lips off.

"Jacob isn't right for you. He's not who you think he is."

"Yes he is. What do you mean?"

"Why do you think nobody at school fucks with him?"

"I.. I just assumed he was unsociable."

"Freshman year he had a girlfriend and got locked up from domestic violence. She was loyal to him and he was overprotective. One day at school he saw her talking to another guy and beat the shit out of her in front of everybody."

I  ball my fists in disbelief. He probably only made this up because I led him on. "You're lying. That's not true!"

"Ask him yourself then. If you don't leave him, you'll be next."

"He would never touch me in that way." He laughs again while shaking his head.

"That's what Janai said." He stands up and makes his way out the door. "Oh and by the way. Me and Ryan were the ones who spread the rumors about you." He says before closing the door.

That night I got no sleep.

******

The next day I walked down the hall to my first class with not only a heavy mind, but heavy eyes also. After Rayan left my house I couldn't sleep for nothing in the world.

I continued to walk down the hall with my eyes less than halfway open. I  knew it was a bad idea because I found myself crashing into something and falling in the ground.

"I'm so sorry. Are you ok?" A female voice says. I open my eyes and look up at her. She was extremely beautiful.

She was about the same skin tone as me and had the same long curly hair I did, but made it look better. We both had the same hazel-green eyes and full pink lips. She looked exactly like me, except better.