17.

Christmas Day

I woke up this morning and realized it was Christmas. I usually love this holiday but I wasn't in the Christmas spirit this year. It was the first Christmas I'd spend without my dad.

Even though it hasn't been a happy time for me, I did find the time to buy everyone their gifts.

My phone dings with a text from Jacob .

JP💩🖕:

JP💩🖕: merry Christmas 😋😘

Boii😣😣💦

JP💩🖕: return one😉

Wtf😂 no

JP💩🖕: why not 🤔

Cause I'm not nasty like you lol

JP💩🖕: you will be soon😆😂

🙈

I lock my phone and go downstairs to put all my presents for everyone under the tree. I purposely don't put Jacob's present under the tree. I want to give him his in private.

"Good morning Jamiah." Noah says looking sleepy. "We open the presents today?" He's been asking the same question every morning ever since we set up the Christmas tree. This boy is serious about Christmas.

"Yes you can open your presents today. But wait for your mommy to come downstairs so she can watch you."

"Could you make me cereal then?" He asks in a sweet tone.

"Sure."

Noah sits at the table while I pull the Lucky Charms from the top of the refrigerator.

Just in time, Teresa comes downstairs in her robe as I give Noah his cereal. She goes to the kitchen to make a cup of coffee and sits at the couch.

I can see the bags and dark circles under her eyes. Due to the drinking, she looks older than usual.

"Jacob, Behlen! Come open your presents!" They both come down the stairs seconds later.

Jacob sends a wink to me, making me blush. Luckily nobody saw that. We all sit at the couches by the tree.

"Me first!" Noah says reaching for the biggest present. He tears off the wrapping paper and jumps up in excitement.

"You got me a racecar! I love you mommy." He says and attacks his mother with a hug.

We spend the next half hour opening the rest of our presents. I had got some headphones and a phone case from Teresa. Noah gave eveyone a mug that he made in his class with their names on it. I didn't get anything from Bella though which is weird because we always get each other stuff. I remember our first Christmas we got each other friendship bracelets. I still have mine.