Chapter 5 - Scary Movies

"Hey guys! So I know that for a few weeks I was completely detached from social media, but I'm back! I'll be continuing with everything the same as it used to be!"

I smile as I edit a video, something I haven't done in a while. I finish editing this random video and then immediately upload it to YouTube, leaving my bedroom before it finishes, going out to meet Angela in the living room of our apartment.

"D'jya finish?" She asks, turning to me with a smile on her face.

"Yep!" I answer, a smile on my face.

I truly do love making videos, and I'm so glad that I started making them.

"Maddie! Come here," Kian called from the living room of our shared apartment.

I walked into the room and see him sitting at the desk where his laptop sits, hunched in his chair while staring at the computer screen. I smiled, sitting in his lap sideways when he opened his arms and rolled away from the desk a little.

"What babe?" I asked, looking up at his handsome face, tracing my finger along his jaw.

He smiled before pointing at something on the screen, showing me a comment on one I his videos. It read:
"Omg, I just love Maddie! She should have her own channel!"

"And there are more," he told me, scrolling through the comments on one of his most recent videos.

Multiple comments popped up saying that I should start my own channel. Then he switched to another tab and showed me some tweets that he was mentioned in, suggesting that I should start my own YouTube channel.

"Looks like they want you to start a YouTube channel," Kian said, resting his chin on top of my head as he continued to scroll through tweets and comments, replying to some.

"What would I even do? No one would watch it," I argued, secretly excited about the thought of a YouTube channel.

"You could do anything and they'd watch it. Especially if I told them to," Kian countered with a smirk. I poked my tongue out at him, smiling when he poked his out at me in return.

"Really though, you should think about doing one. Watch." He started typing on his laptop before clicking something. I'm looked at his screen, seeing that he tweeted something. It said:
"Should @MaddieEvansx make a YouTube channel? I think so!"

Within seconds, replies were popping up. Then my phone started buzzing like wild, people tweeting at me to start a YouTube channel.

"See, they think you should too," Kian said with a grin on his face. "Just try it."

I think about for a few seconds, deciding that there is no harm in trying.

"Fine," I answered, earning a smile from him.

"You'll be addicted in no time," he told me, giving me a small peck on the lips.

I started my YouTube channel after me and Kian had been dating for about five months, so I was still a senior in high school. It was also a November.

Quickly, I gained fifty thousand subscribers; it only took a month. Then my subscribers kept going up, right up until me and Kian broke up. Then it kind of plateaued. My subscribers are higher now than they were, but it hasn't risen too much.

I usually did just random videos, doing popular tags and favorites videos. People seemed to like them, but I thought it was just because Kian told them to.

"Let's do something today," Angela suggests. I smile at her, nodding.
Within twenty minutes, we're out the door and at the mall in our area, walking around and shopping.

"Here, hold this for a second," Angela tells me, handing me her bags and cell phone. I do, stopping while she bends down and readjusts the straps on her wedges.

"That's better," she says, standing up and taking her things back into her hands.

"Angela?" A male voice says from behind us, making both of us to find out who it was.

A small blush creeps up on her cheeks, but it soon disappears.

"I thought I recognized that ass. No one's could ever look as good as yours," the boy with blonde hair says to her, licking his lips and wiggling his eyebrows at her. Her eyes narrow at him, but a smile curls at her lips.

"What are you doing here, Brady?" She asks, her eyebrows raised as he pulls her in for a hug. It seems like she doesn't know whether to hug back or not.

Another guy stands with Brady, standing back and looking a little awkward. Same, man.

"I'm back, baby!" He says with a cheeky from on his face, pulling away from her but keeping a hand on her hip.

She looks up with him with unsure eyes, trying to look intimidating but I can see the adoration behind her façade.

"Oh really?" She says, smiling a little. He grins, his eyes wandering over to me.

"Who is this? I've never met her before," he gives me a smile and I return it with as much enthusiasm as I can.

"This is my best friend, Maddie," she introduces me.

"Nice to meet ya, Maddie," he says with a wink. I look away awkwardly.

"So what are y'all up to today?" Brady says, linking his arm through Angela's, walking forward.

I look at the guy that's with Brady, shrugging before we follow them.
Angela and Brady begin to talk with each other, me and the stranger trailing behind them.

"Maddie, right?" The boy asks, looking over at me. I smile, nodding.

I look at him, noticing his crystal blue eyes and brown hair. He has a few freckles around his nose, making him kind of adorable.

"Cool. I'm Skylar. You do YouTube, right?" He asks, shocking me.

"Uh, yeah. I do. Do you watch?" I ask, surprised that he knows who I am.

"I used to. Do you even still make them?" He asks, causing me to laugh.

"I uploaded one this morning, yeah. I took a little...break, I guess." I smile at him.
He nods, smiling back at me.

*****

Later that night, for some crazy reason, Angela decided that we should invite Brady and Skylar over. I still haven't been informed of who the hell Brady is, but I'm assuming he's and ex or something of hers.

We ordered pizza, and I made cookies because Brady literally begged me to.

For the first time in a while, I'm enjoying myself. The two boys are quite the entertainment, actually.

A knock at the door sounds through the living room, signaling the pizza arriving.

"Will you get that Maddie? I don't want to get up," Angela asks, giving me am apologetic smile. She is currently sitting under Brady's legs. Yes, under.

He sat next to her and didn't hesitate to stretch out and basically lay on top of her.

I groan playfully, getting up and walking to the door. I hand the pizza guy money and grab the two boxes of pizza that we ordered, taking them to the kitchen.

Within seconds, the boys are in the kitchen, already opening the first box of pizza.

"Calm down," I tease with a giggle.
The boys get their pizza and then me and Angela do as well, returning to the living room.

After we eat, Brady decides that we are all going to watch a scary movie, despite my protests.
I fix us all some popcorn and get drinks for us, sitting down next to Skylar.

Before the first half of the movie is over, I'm already curled up into a ball, my face hiding in Skylar's shoulder.

When it comes to scary movies, I don't care if you're a complete stranger of if I've known someone my entire life, I'm probably going to end up hiding behind them before the movie is over.

And of course, Brady chose Sinister which is possibly one of the scariest movies I've ever partly seen.

I peek at the screen, screaming at the thing on the screen, whatever it is, burying my face I'm Skylar's neck.

"It's okay," he murmurs soothingly. "It's just a movie, Madison."

I turn back to the movie and not even a minute later, my eyes are squeezed shut, my hand gripping Skylar's shirt tightly in my hands, trying to stop the shaking from my complete and total fear.

"It's okay," Skylar says again, slowly stroking my hair with his hand.

For the rest of the movie, I stay like that. Occasionally I looked back at the screen, only so squeal and hide my face again. Skylar, Brady, and Angela all laugh at me and Brady calls me a baby because of my reaction to the movie.
Angela slapped him for that, but laughed as well.

After that movie is over, Brady and Angela don't even hesitate to put in Insidious, another extremely scary movie.

I don't even bother to look at the screen, knowing how scary this one is. I know I'll have nightmares for sure already, I don't need this movie adding to this.

And honestly, I don't mind being all cuddled up to Skylar, he's quite comfy. He doesn't seem to mind it either.

Most of the movie, he uses one of his hands to rub circles on my back, easing my horror. Even though I'm not watching the movie, as I hear it, memories of the movie come back to me and still scare the hell out of me.

Eventually, before the movie is even over, I fall asleep, my head nuzzled into Skylar's neck.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I meant to update this yesterday, but when it comes to wattpad, it's difficult.
I literally ready so many stories on wattpad and I'm completely obsessed and one of them got updated and I nearly screamed so that is why I did not finish this chapter, my apologies. I'm sure some of you understand me, yeah?

Anyway, I hope you enjoy!

I have some questions I want you guys to answer:

1: What do you guys think of Skylar?

2: How do you predict things will be for Maddie and Kian as they continue to grow apart?

3: do you love me? ;)

You don't have to answer them all, just what you want :)

Follow my twitter and Instagram for sneak peeks of future chapters ;)
Twitter: @xodelilahxo

Instagram: @_xodelilahxo_

xox -Delilah