Chapter 30 - Talk

"You can come up, you know that right?" I giggle, bending over so that my head is still in Kian's car. My arm is against the open door of the vehicle.

"Are you sure you want me to?" He asks, giving me an uneasy look.

I laugh a little closing the door to his car and walking around the front, opening his door and grabbing his hand, tugging on it. He laughs as well, unbuckling and getting out of the car.

We walk up to my apartment where I find my friend Angela and her boyfriend sitting on the couch making out. Not at all affected by this, I lead Kian away from the love-fest and take him back to my room.

"Maybe we should just copy them and..." He trails off, knowing that I understand what he means. He turns me towards him and places his hands on my hip, pulling me close to him, our bodies pressing to each other. Slowly he leans down, pressing his soft lips against mine. At first I begin to laugh, but kiss him anyway. I wrap my arms around his neck and pull him down closer to me.

Although I brought him up to talk about something important, his lips offer a distraction that is nearly impossible to pass up, so when the kiss gets more heated, I pretty much forget everything that i wanted to say and just let go with Kian.

He slightly bends his knees as both of his hands trail down the back of my legs, over my butt and to my mid-thighs as he picks me up, holding me so that my legs encircle his waist. He walks to my bed, playfully throwing me down onto it before climbing on top of me, straddling my legs. He bends over and connects our lips once again, his tongue immediately shoving it's way into my mouth. I bite his tongue gently, earning a small groan to come from deep in his throat. His hands are uncontrollable, roaming my body in the same way that my hands are roaming his body. One of his hands pushes my shirt up so when he grips my hip, his hand is touching bare skin.

I want to go so much farther with him right now and repeat what we did last night, but I can't afford that. If I let that happen I will never talk to him about the thing that is on my mind.

I continue to kiss Kian back, letting him guide me. I keep telling myself, "just a few more seconds," and as I keep saying this it becomes harder and hard to pull away.

When Kian's lips travel to my neck and his hand trails to the waistband of my pants, I finally pull away and push his hand a away from my body. The look of hurt on his face causes me to feel guilty so I give him a lingering kiss, smiling at him.

"Kian," I sigh in content, finally happy that I get to spend time with him again.

"Maddie," he says, laying himself on top of me, the entirety of his weight pushing me farther down into my soft bed. His buries his face in my neck.

I run my hands up and down his back, sometimes lightly pressing my nails down.

"Oh my god that feels good," he says, softly moaning as I rake my nails across his back, his tank too the only barrier there.

"Mhmm," I reply, closing my eyes in content. I breathe in deep, about to talk to him. "Kian, can we talk about something?"

He pushes himself up, looking at me worriedly. "Are you not wanting this anymore?"

"No! That's not it," I panic, hoping he's not backing out.

Relief passes over his face.

"I want to talk about... About Emily." I let him realize what I want to talk about.

He moves off of me and sits on the edge of the bed. I move to sit next to him, grabbing his hand and playing mine in it, lacing our fingers together.

"What are you going to do?" I ask him, remembering the threat I received from her at the beach the other day.

"When she has the baby?" He asks. When I nod, he closes his eyes, pinching the bridge of his nose with his free hand. "Honestly, I don't have a fucking clue."

I raise my eyebrows, disappointed in his answer. A little part of me wished he had some kind of plan.

"Maddie, I'm not even positive that it's my baby." His statement shocks me. I never once thought that it couldn't be his.

I start to think of it, remembering the amount of swelling that I saw on her stomach that day at the beach.

"Wait, when did you two have sex?" I ask bluntly, noticing the flinch from Kian.

"Two or three weeks after we broke up I think," he replies. I think about this statement for a while, remembering the size of Emily's stomach. Her shirt was draped over it, flowing all the way down past her stomach. I think of this picture in my mind and realize that her stomach size and time doesn't add up.

"Kian, maybe it isn't yours. We broke up seven months ago, she should be much bigger than she is," I reply. He turns to look at me, confused.

"How?" He asks, obviously not knowing much about pregnancy.

"She should be nearly seven months along, her stomach should be the size of a watermelon," I tell him, watching his eyebrows raise.

"Maybe she's just smaller than most pregnancies." He shrugs, sadness on his face.

"Yes, that's actually a possibility." Dammit.

I wish that she wasn't carrying Kian's baby. That's something she has over me and will give him some of his attention that she will for sure exploit.

"What are you going to do?" I ask him again, hoping for a better answer but not really expecting one.

"I think I'll get a paternity test," he tells me, squeezing my hand.

"Maddie can you promise me something?"

"Yes, of course," I reply quickly. I don't even have to know what he wants, I'll do it.

"Can you promise me that no matter what happens, you'll stay with me until you absolutely can't anymore? I mean, hopefully you'll never feel like you have to," he says, shocking me. Before I have a chance to reply, he continues. "I can't lose you again. No matter what happens, I want you to know that you are important to me. I do have to deal with the problems I've caused and I'll absolutely do anything for my kid but I can't lose you again."

Instead of answering him, I bring his face closer to mine and kiss him, forgetting everything else.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Gosh, that time between updates was stupid. I'm sorry. I just have finals, ap tests, and I had prom. I'm so sorry for the late update!

I hope the sexiness makes up for it!!

I love you guys! Be ready for some suspense and surprising chapters!!

xox -Delilah