Chapter 37 - Insensitivity

As soon as Kian leaves, I look over to Emily and give her a somewhat apologetic smile. As bad as I feel for her, she doesn't deserve full forgiveness.

I stand up and walk out, looking for the brown haired boy that I love so much. He was visibly upset and it's understandable for him to feel so strongly. I don't think he should welcome and forgive Emily with open arms, but I don't exactly think his reaction was appropriate.

I spot Kian rushing out or the ER, his hands in his jean pockets. I start to jog after him, trying to catch up with him before he gets too far away.

"Kian, stop," I beg as I grab his arm, slowing him down. He turns around to me and looks at me.

I'm shocked to see his jaw clenched hard, all of his facial features strong and stone-like. Yet his eyes tell a different story. They tell a story of loss, heartbreak, and betrayal.

"Maddie, how am I supposed to sit in a room with a girl who is literally psychotic and act like everything is okay? She faked a pregnancy and tried to ruin me!" Kian yells, anger present in his voice.

"Kian, she lost her baby." My voice is hushed because I don't want attention drawn to us.

"Yeah, she did, and I'm sorry about that! But you know what? That is no excuse for trying to pull off all of this shit!" Kian doesn't keep his voice quiet, and many people start to stare at us.

I reach out to Kian to comfort him, but he jerks away from me. My eyes widen in surprise. He rolls his eyes and turns away from me, walking out.

Instead of following him, my anger towards his insensitivity controls me and I walk back into Emily's room. She looks shocked when she sees me walk in.

"Is he okay?" She asks quietly, not making eye contact with me.

"He's pretty pissed off," I say truthfully, hiding my anger towards him.

"I didn't want to hurt him," she says, and her words strike a chord with me.

"What did you want with him then?" I say, confused and mad at what she just said.

Why would you do that to so done if you didn't want to harm them?

"I don't know. I guess I just wanted his attention," she says with a shrug of her shoulders as if it's no big deal. It is a big deal.

"You do realize that you could have ruined his career with this lie, right?" I ask, clenching my jaw.

She looks at me blankly.

"If you're not even going to care, I'm not going to continue to feel bad for you," I say, walking out of the room.

Her reaction just really pisses me off. She doesn't seem to care that she easily could have destroyed Kian's career. He would have been under such a terrible light that it could even have ruined O2L.

I leave the hospital and find my car, driving to find Kian.

*****
After numerous calls, I give up on trying to contact Kian. Instead, I think about where he would have gone.

After a few minutes, I start to drive in the right direction. Twenty minutes pass before I park my car and get out, running down the length of the beach to where I know I'll see Kian.

I reach the spot where he sits, hidden under the shade of the large tree. I slow down and walk cautiously up to him, still a little angry at the way he brushed me off.

"Not now, Maddie," Kian says rudely. I raise my eyebrows in shock at his tone, and it ignites a fire inside of me.

"Excuse me?" I reply, putting a hand on my hip, challenging him to tell me to leave.

He turns to me where I can see his face. He has tears down his face which is something that I've only seen one other time, even after knowing him for over a year. I've seen him with tears in his eyes, but he has never had tears streaming down his face. "I said, not now, Maddie."

Despite the emotional state that is clearly shown on his face, I refuse to let him talk to me like that.

"Well excuse me, but you called me. I didn't have to come to the hospital for you. You asked me to. After all the shit you have put me through, I was still there for you, so don't you dare tell me 'not now'." My voice is angry and heated, and the demanding tone of it surprises me.

By the looks of Kian's face, my voice and words also surprise him. He looks a bit taken aback by what I just said to him. I don't regret any of it.

He stays quiet, turning away from me and lowering his head. I wait a few seconds before moving closer to him and sitting next to him. He is sitting with his knees up and his arms are rested on the top of his knees.

"Now, talk to me," I say in a very soft, soothing voice. It's a very stark contrast to the time I just used.

He slowly turns to look at me. Words do not come from his mouth for a long time. We sit there, staring at each other just like that for what feels like forever. Finally, he speaks up.

"Maddie, do you realize how terrible of a person Emily is?" I nod I'm response. "I don't think you do. Not only did she target me for this whole entire scheme, but she targeted you. Ever since day one, she has tried to take you out of the picture. She has caused so much shit for me, for you, and for us and I can't let myself feel bad for her. She's probably already got a new plan to ruin us again."

I take in Kian's words one at a time, unsure of what to think. Yeah, Emily has don't a lot of shit to is in the past, and there's definitely no way I would ever forgive her or try to be friends with her, but is Kian's insensitivity really the result of that?

"Kian, what's going on? Did she do something else that I don't know about?" I say tenderly, placing my hand on his arm.

"I don't know Maddie. I had to be with her for two months. I had to actually be with her. And all for what? Some stupid fake pregnancy?" Kian shakes his head and looks away from me, ending the conversation.

I know that something is bothering him, but I'm not going to push it. Instead, I scoot right up next to him, looping my arm through his. I rest my head on his shoulder and we just sit there, staring out at the ocean where the water hits the horizon.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hm, I wonder what's wrong with Kian? But there you go! Are y'all still mad at him for being insensitive?

Oh hey guys, I'm writing a new book called "How to Write Fanfiction" where I give tips and funny stories on how to write! I also give reviews on fanfics y'all send me so make sure you send your fic to me and I'll feature you! (Only if you want though:)

And of course there's Destruction. AND YALL ARE PERF! Because I said my goal was 50 and it already has 100! I hope y'all are enjoying it!

So yeah, this story is wrapping up quickly! So for the comment numbers, I'm gonna ask which fanfic you want next!

1.) Connor

2.) Ricky

3.) Sam

4.) Jc

5) Trevor

6.) Kian (again <3)

7.) Magcon (even though I don't know much about all of them, I can learn ;)

8.) (Request your own)

I kind of already have an idea of what I want to do and I think y'all will enjoy it! So comment what you want!

Love y'all!

xox -Delilah

( So I added this part after initially updating and since there was such a high amount of Connor requests, I went ahead and posted the description of my new fanfic! Go check it out! )