Chapter 28 - Morning After

It doesn't take long for me to fall asleep in Kian's bed. It's extremely comfortable and his pillow comforts the pounding in my head. It's dull, as though someone is using of those thick memory foam pillows and continuously hitting my with it, hard enough for it to hurt.

Needless to say, as soon as my head hit Kian's fluffy pillow, I fell asleep. It was like Kian's pillow was fighting off the other pillow. Although the other pillow is stronger, Kian's pillow is more comforting to me.

Why are these thoughts in my subconscious mind? It must be the alcohol.

While I'm asleep, my dreams are a blur of overly-bright colors and high, chirpy voices. The dream is quite annoying, but I don't wake up, regardless.

Sometime during my slumber, I feel a weight pressing down on the bed behind me. If it wasn't for my extreme exhaustion and alcohol-influenced mind, I would have woken up completely to check out what happened. But I really could care less. I snuggle up against the pillow and let myself fall back into a deep sleep.

After an amount of time I'm not sure of, I feel the sunlight come through the window and it causes me to squint my eyes. I try not to let the sun bother my sleep, but eventually I wake up. When I flutter my eyes open, I notice the curtains pulled away from the window, allowing the highest amount of light through. And to think I could have slept more if they were closed. Damn.

A little red flag behind to wave in my mind, alarming me. Where am I? I rack my brain, trying to remember how I got here. I notice it's Kian's room and I immediately calm down, but still am not sure how I got here in the first place. I faintly remember riding in Kian's car late last night, and I can remember some random guy with me at a beach, but the whole picture is still unclear.

I try to move from my position of laying on my side, but I notice something hindering my movement. Something is wrapped around my waist in a fashion that won't allow me to move. I look down and notice it's an arm and my heart begins to beat rapidly.
I turn my head to try to look behind me, seeing a familiar head of black hair.

For a moment, I lose all reason and sanity that I have.

I slowly and gently begin to turn my body around until I'm faced the opposite way. My body is now pressed up against Kian's.

My stomach is pressed up against Kian's, and I realize that I'm wearing a bikini and a strange jacket I've never seen before. Where the hell is my shirt?

Kian is also shirtless, leaving our bare skin to press up against each other. He's still very asleep, his eyes peacefully closed.

I stare at him for a while, loving the feeling of his stomach moving in and out against my stomach when he breathes. My eyes are locked on his face, taking in all of his features. The nose ring, the freckle on his right cheek, the color of his lips. All of these things add to the pure beauty of Kian Lawley. I wrap my arm around his back, pulling myself closer to the warmth of his body.

Slowly, I trace my finger down his spine, letting the rest of my fingers trail lightly around it. I stare at Kian's lips the whole time I do this, mesmerized by it.

Kian's body shivers, causing me to jerk my hand away from his body.

What am I doing? Why am I still in his bed with his arm wrapped around me? I don't know what happened last night, but I can't allow this.

We aren't together, and we never will be again. He wouldn't want it, and neither would I.

Wait, would I? I mean, I obviously still love him just as much as I did before, if not more.

Of course I would, who am I kidding. I love Kian more than anything. But would I really want to risk all of that pain again? I just got past most of that pain. Do I really want to take the chance of it happening all over again?