Chapter 39 - Eight Years

Good luck...;)

That is all I have to say

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*Eight years later*

"Maddie," a gentle voice says, a hand wrapping around my shoulder and pulling lightly.

I groan a little as I roll over in my bed, feeling surprisingly rested. As I open my eyes, the sun overpowers my vision, blurring it momentarily. Lazily, I look around the room I'm sleeping in, feeling a rush or memory come back to me.

Today is the day.

I sit up and gasp, a huge grin coming to my face.

"Are you ready?" Audrey asks, a bright smile on her face. I consider her question, nodding almost immediately. I've been ready for this day for years. She laughs a little before pulling the blankets off of me, grabbing my hand in hers. I look at her hand, seeing the gold band on her ring finger with a diamond ring on top of it. I admire the way it looks.

I get up from the bed and head into the bathroom attached to what once was my bedroom. I take all of my clothes off before I getting in the shower, taking extra time to make sure I'm perfectly clean and that I've shaved perfectly. When I get out, I brush my hair out and put it up into a towel and wash my face. I do absolutely anything else that is essential before putting in a robe and walking downstairs to where my father and Audrey are in the kitchen.

"Good morning, Madison," my dad says, giving me a huge smile. I walk over to where he is at the breakfast bar and sit next to him on one of the wooden stools.

"Alright, you two," Audrey says, turning to the cabinet and grabbing two glass plates. "Breakfast is ready."

She insists that I stay seated as she fixes me a plate, putting eggs, a little piece of sausage, and a biscuit on my plate, placing it in front of me. She pours me a glass of orange juice and places that in front of me too.

Audrey is one of the sweetest people I've ever met. About five years ago, my dad introduced me to her as the girl he was "seeing" as people his age call it for some reason. I was already out of college and working but for some reason he still thought he had to keep the secret that he had a girlfriend.

After I graduated college, I started working at a local hospital as a full time nurse. I started being able to see my dad more often because of the promotion he got which raised in pay but lowered in time, which he really enjoyed. I moved into my own apartment which was only temporary.

About three years ago, Audrey and my dad got married. So now I had a step mother, a brother who is now twenty-three, and a sister who is now twenty-one. I've been an only child my whole life and now I'm the oldest sibling at twenty-five. I love them both to death as they are more like best friends than they are like siblings.

As I finish my breakfast, the front door opens and in walks Mason and Paige, my brother and sister. I smile at the two of them as Mason goes straight to the food and Paige comes over to me and gives me a hug.

"How are you feeling?" She asks sweetly. Her chocolate eyes and hair match her mother's so perfectly and they look nearly identical.

"I've never been better," I answer, smiling up at her. She rubs her hand on the back if my shoulder before walking over to where Mason is fixing himself breakfast.

"Ladies, we will be leaving in about thirty minutes to go get our hair done!" Audrey says in a chirpy voice, taking away my plate along with her own and Dad's, putting them in the dishwasher before she disappears upstairs.

I walk back upstairs to my room and go into my bathroom, putting on the button down that I have to get my hair and makeup done in. I pull on a pair if shorts and slip my feet into flip flips before pulling my hair out of the towel and brushing it again.