Chapter 16

Falling in love is not enough, in love you not only need to express but also impress. - Prfctrose

Anchal was quite shocked to know about Dharam and Kavya. Well, hurt to be specific because of her feelings for Dharam. But she noticed that Dharam was actually happy by the way his eyes shone when he talked about Kavya. She was hurt but she didn't let Dharam know that. Sikhar knew well about her feelings and he could grok it because he was experiencing the same. Eventually as time passed they got used to seeing them together and they knew that Dharam and Kavya were meant to be. With this passage they also grew closer to each other and started sharing their feelings with each other. As our Bollywood movies have taught "dukh baatne se kam hota hain aur kushiyan baatne se badhti hain."

As for Dharam and Kavya, they were more than just happy. They felt complete to have each other. Like every other couple they had arguments, disagreements and fights but they did not hold it for a long time. They had promised each other that whatever the situation maybe, they would just resolve everything before they went to sleep. This simple decision made things lot more easier in their relationship.

The next day was Dharam's birthday & Kavya did not want to make their parents suspicious by spending the birthday alone by themselves because they always celebrated Dharam's birthday together with the whole family. So Kavya decided to do something special that day itself. Dharam thought that Kavya had forgotten his birthday because she was generally excited about every small upcoming event but unlike herself she didn't even mention his birthday. Though he didn't show he was upset about it. Kavya could clearly hear his unspoken eagerness, but preferred to keep quiet.

In the evening Dharam received a call from Kavya stating that she had hurt her knee and she needed to go to the hospital but there was no one at her home to take her so she asked him to come to her house and in between her talks she was wincing with pain. This got Dharam worried and he frantically drove to her house. When he opened the main door he saw a note tucked in the latch which read
"Calm down hero. I am alright. Welcome to the world of mysteries."
Dharam should have expected this, he blushed.

As he opened the door, the room was completely dark. He looks around to find any clue that can solve the mysteries and lead him to his girl, when suddenly, a small corner in the room got lit up. That corner was the area near the kitchen, where a small Jar was placed. Dharam went to the Jar and saw a note tied to the lid of the Glass Jar, written "50 reasons why my boyfriend is amazing". '

The Jar contained 50 chits of different colours, and each one of them had a reason in it describing why Kavya found Dharam amazing. Dharam pulled out few chits and the first one read "You are amazing because you dance like a kid who has no sense of acceptable public behaviour", and another one read "You are amazing because you will sing in the most hoarse voice for me when I am low, just to make me smile", and yet another one read "You are amazing because you will tell me you didn't have dinner, just because I feel like eating out" and "You are amazing because you would keep fighting with me most times, but will be the first one to protect me too" and "You are amazing because you have never ever left my side", and another read "You are amazing because you love me".

Dharam was extremely touched, so much so that he would have almost shed out a happy tear, when, besides the Jar, he noticed a paper rolled in a ribbon and opened it. It read "My Baby seems to be overwhelmed, but curiosity suits a lot on my boyfriend, so here with the next clue I'll assist, go to the place where our story took a twist".

Dharam knew exactly where that was, the Wooden swing in her room's balcony, where he had seen Kavya and Shikhar hug each other and had misunderstood it for their love. He climbed to her room and went straight there, smiling all the way thinking about how thoughtful his girl was, and when he reached her balcony, it got lit up too, this time, with such a beautiful decoration around it, with yellow coloured tiny lights. Kavya was sure a genius, he thought. He sat on it, enjoying the cool breeze and the ambiance she had created, when he noticed a chit lying on the ground, tucked to the side of the swing.

He quickly read his next clue, "Stop enjoying yourself in the breeze, and search for your next clue please, you go in and out and up and down, but you forgot staircase now don't frown". Dharam hit his hand on his head thinking how could he miss it. He quickly started climbing down the stairs to the hall, frantically looking for a piece of paper. The first clue near the kitchen had thankfully lit the area near the stairs quite a bit. But he couldn't find the chit, even till the last step, he climbed up again, to check if he missed anything, but there was absolutely nothing. He was getting desperate now, and started thinking where else there are stairs in her home, when he suddenly realized that the very entrance to her house has stairs. He opened the main door again, and the outdoor pendant light immediately got lit up. This time he could hear Kavya giggle. He was amazed she was running around the whole house to get him find the clues, and he didn't see her even once. Kavya sure was Ms India. But a part of him didn't even want to see her before the whole game was done, he was loving it a lot to spoil the fun even a bit. Next to the last step there was a small plant having a chit hanging between the leaves. It read "Take this plant it is all yours, water it till you and I become US, now go run to your final clue, your final mystery unfolds under the sky so blue".

Dharam was feeling very emotional because he knew how much Kavya loved her plants, they were like her kids. She nurtured them, and she gifting one to Dharam would mean so much to her. He happily took the plant and kept it on the dining table, and went running up to the terrace. By now the house was completely lit up. As he entered the terrace, he saw a Big Box sitting in the middle there, and as he went to it, a note on the top read

"20 gifts on your 20th Birthday I've kept in here,

you are entering the most important decade my dear,

the next few years will be a complete roller coaster ride,

but everything will be easy with me on your side,

I've been your best friend for so long,

but in your heart and home is where I belong,

now see your gifts and then put all these clues together,

so this game ends and we can be Together

P.S I cant wait to see you now"

Dharam opened the box and found so many things, right from a shirt, a hoodie, a watch, a perfume, to a novel, a chota bheem soft toy reading 'this is what you have become lately, time for some gyming baby' Dharam gave out a chuckle and murmured, 'champa!!' below his breath. He couldn't have asked for anything more though, 20 gifts on his 20th sounded just perfect!

He then went on the dining table to put all the clues together. He had carefully put it in chronological order but he couldn't understand the meaning of the last clue. He was restless and kept running fingers in his hair. He started examining the clues again. It was then that he noticed that there was something on the back of the paper. He quickly turned over the clues and a heart was formed which was hit with and arrow and had the letters "DK" and just below the heart it read
"With each passing day I love you more,
come to the kitchen and open the door,
Get yourself to the garden and put on the light,
See your girl, and admire her throughout the night"

Dharam widened his eyes in awe! He decided to stop wondering and went to the garden to see what mystery was waiting for him.

He turned on the switch and with that the whole garden was lit up with beautiful lights everywhere. He was left speechless his jaw dropped when he saw that there was a tent with lights surrounding it. And near the tent stood his utterly gorgeous girl his childhood best friend his first love "KAVYA".

--------------------

So do you like the surprise. Comment what would you want your dream date to be.

VOTE!!! SHARE!!! COMMENT!!!