Chapter 18

The only selfless love in the entire world is your PARENTS!!!  -Perfect Rose

Dad!! Um... dad..... It's..... It's.... not what you see. It's just that I um..... I .... Dad something went into Kavya's eyes. I was just taking it out. Dharam said it quickly to make it up to him. But the flash of fury in his eyes told him he was not buying that shit. Kavya was too scared to say anything. She just stared his eyes wide. They didn't say a word. It was eerie. His dad spoke anger dripping from his voice "Don't say a word. The guests are waiting outside and I don't want a mess. Just smile bright and stay quite. Both of you. Get it? We'll talk later." They didn't utter a word and simply nodded their head. When they came out of the store room they saw Sikhar and Anchal standing there. The look on Kavya's and Dharam's face was enough to make them know that his dad knew everything. They didn't say anything but knew that shit was about to hit the fan.

The party was somehow over by then all the four parents knew about them. Sikhar and Anchal wanted to stay with their best friends but they knew it was a family matter and they needed to talk. So they were to last to leave after telling that Kavya and Dharam that they were always there no matter what. And now was the time that Kavya and Dharam dreaded for. They obviously wanted their family to know but not like this and most definitely not now. Their parents were waiting for them in the hall. They reached there hand in hand. Seeing their faces Kavya halted but Dharam looked in her eyes and gave her hand a little squeeze and they walked in for the talk of their life.

Dharam: Duh...Dad we were about to tell you buh.......

He got cut by his jeering father
Dharam's father: Don't! Don't you dare utter a word. The two of you! Are you completely out of your mind? What do you think you two were thinking? And look at the heights of shamelessness, the star couple walks in hand in hand!

Kavya tries pulling of her hand from Dharams grip but Dharam holds it tighter. He knew this was absolutely not the moment when he could leave his girl to face this alone.

Dharam: dad we love each other! And there is no big crime being in love. We have grown up together dad, our families know each other so well, what is so wrong in us being together?

Dharam's Father: what is wrong? Are you asking me that? How matured you think you are to decide anything at all for yourself? You think you are living in some kind of a movie? Have you even stepped out once from your fancy comfort zone yet? Do you know how difficult life is outside your college and parties? How could you be so irresponsible? You guys are playing with each other's feelings here! I know you may think that I m an old fashioned man and that I do not understand how your generation lives, but just answer one question of mine, what do you think your life will be like 10 years down the line, say, if you were given to live independently?

Dharam: dad, I see both of us working as something at...... some big organization or me starting something of my own.... with some business partner and then Kavya and me, living happily together!

Dharam's father: exactly my point son! You haven't thought of anything, neither a career, nor a future plan. You know nothing except being happy with Kavya, and that too is a fantasy! Because I know with lots of experience that love isn't enough for a living! I am not saying that either of you are incorrect partners for the other, but my only point is that this is too early. Both of you are too immature to take any wise decision for yourselves, forget taking one for the other! 

Mr Sharma: he is absolutely correct Kavya, this is absolutely not the right stage of your life for such an important step. We aren't saying you are not good for each other, but I believe you should accept that this time isn't good enough for deciding to be with each other!

Both the parents took their time to advice their children. Kavya and Dharam wanted to be together but they could not deny what their parents said. Their parents made a decision for them.

Kamya: Dharam we are your parents we wish the best for you. All we are asking you for is to set your career first. Right now you are too young to be involved in this.

Devyani: Children we wish to see you both happy. But wait for the right time. I know this must be difficult, but you will forget this if you stay away from each other. We are not asking you to shun you're friendship but you too need to stay away to build your future. Stay away for your good.

Saying this, she signaled Rajat to leave for home since it was very late in the night and it also didn't make any point discussing this any further. She also knew that her daughter needed time now, to introspect. Kavya was too shocked and lost, to say anything. She simply went to Kavya, held her shoulders and said to her, "Beta, we should leave now. I know you need time with yourself"
Kavya couldn't thank God enough for blessing her with Devyani as a mother. She would always know if Kavya needed time alone, and would most certainly let her be.
She left Dharam's hand, held her mother's, and they left from his house.

--------

So, what do you think is going to happen?

Stay tuned.

VOTE!!! SHARE!!! COMMENT!!!