Chapter 31

The day I met my real best friends I knew I was born lucky. -Prfctrose

Only two days to go for the day. Sikhar and Anchal were on cloud nine they never thought that by losing one love they would find the love of their lives. Dharam and Kavya couldn't be happier since their best friends were getting married. That's something everyone is pretty excited about. And in that if you find your love back that's just icing on the cake. So love was in the air, no doubt, but happiness was just overflowing. And today there were even happier because today the fantastic four had a day for themselves. The wedding was at Suryagarh in Jaisalmer which is a perfect place for a royal wedding. 

It was their best friend's wedding so they decided to give them a surprise

It was their best friend's wedding so they decided to give them a surprise. They had called Sikhar and Anchal on the roof top where they had arranged some table and chairs so they could just sit talk eat and finally give them their surprise.

It was getting dusky. The wind blew gently and the roof top was perfectly decorated with lights. Anchal and Sikhar arrived hands in hands to the terrace where Kavya and Dharam already awaited them. To say the least they were ecstatic to be with each other. All the four were finally together they had so much to share so much say and so much to be happy. Conversation kept flowing as water in a river the night was falling fast but no one showed any intention of even getting up. The love between Sikhar and Anchal was worthy of envy, they seemed to be so happy with each other that nothing else mattered to them. And Kavya and Dharam were hoping for the same future like them, though they didn't say it but their eyes conveyed it. They all were so happy and their goofy grins were an adequate evidence of that. Our brains usually stop working when the heart is happy.

Kavya: Mr. Perfect I still don't believe it you found someone as beautiful as her.

Sikhar: Me neither.

Anchal: Even I ask myself sometimes why I am with him.

Dharam: Anchal you should be thankful to him only he has the guts to spend a lifetime with you.

Anchal: Look who's talking!

Kavya (laughing): Jokes apart. I am so happy for you Mr. Perfect.

The "would be married" couple just smiled at each other.

Dharam (taking advantage of the fact that Anchal and Shikhar had got lost in staring at each other, and trying to speak in a whisper): Don't worry sweetheart! This will soon be us.

Kavya gave Dharam a "watch your words" look.

Dharam bit his tongue on realization that he should have saved his excitement for later. Both Kavya and Dharam were looking at each other and blushing when suddenly they get cut off their gaze by Anchal coughing in an 'uhhhuuuu uhhhhuuu' tone.

She was going to say something but Shikhar stopped her signalling 'later'. The love birds realized that their decision of not telling anyone about their relationship right now was washed away because their best friends now knew anyways, but they were glad that Sikhar and Anchal didn't ask any questions. Because although they were sure about being with each other but they weren't sure that their parents would support it and they had no intentions of creating a huge havoc like they did last time. The clock was about to hit the midnight and just then Dharam's cell rang signalling that it was the time for surprise.

Dharam and Kavya asked the other two to come to the front of the terrace saying that they had a surprise and when the two of them reached the front the magic started. The fireworks. The night sky was lit into numerous colors in a matter of few seconds. Even on the ground there was a show of fireworks. This was something so out of the world so beautiful that everyone was just lost in its magic. People were gasping at the perfection of the surprise. Sikhar and Anchal were sitting lost in the fireworks that they momentarily forgot about the other two. While Dharam and Kavya were just happy to see their overwhelmed faces. The people watching this had moments of their life. This was definitely a once in a lifetime scene. The wedding just got more special.

When the fireworks was over Sikhar and Anchal were speechless they had no words to say

When the fireworks was over Sikhar and Anchal were speechless they had no words to say. They somehow still managed to say thank you and this is the best wedding gift they have or will receive. They all hugged each other and departed for the night. Dharam and Kavya stayed back on the terrace as they wanted sometime for themselves. They laid down under the starry sky discussing everything and anything.

Kavya: You know that Sikhar and Anchal came to know about us being together right?

Dharam: Yes.

Kavya: Yes? Aren't you worried that this all might just blow up in our faces?

Dharam: Do you love me?

Kavya: That's not the point here.

Dharam: Do you love me or not?

Kavya: Yes, I do and I want us to be together.

Dharam: I also want the same so it doesn't matter that anyone knows or not and about them they are our best friends so there's nothing to be worried about.

Kavya: Yeah! Right. But then what about our parents. Should we tell them?

Dharam: I don't know why but I feel that we shouldn't tell them right now because they might not accept us as a couple together. Maybe we should give them sometime after that we'll tell them.

Kavya: Ok! You're right. I don't know what I would do without you.

Dharam: Probably be an over thinker lonely mental piece.

Kavya: Huh! As if you would be sane and happy without me.

Dharam: I know I wouldn't be. You know what I so wish that we could marry along with our best friends.

Kavya: Tell me about it!
Dharam, tell me one thing, you met so many women, since you left India, didn't you like any of them?

Dharam (holding her hand in his): you know what Kavya,
The more women I met, the more I kept falling in love with you!

Kavya blushed, his words hit her heart like an arrow.

They lay there until dawn talking about friends, family, career, wedding themes and what not. They had spent some happy peaceful time that they had not spent in a long long time. Their faces showed bottomless peace and endless satisfaction and their eyes shined with pride and hearts filled with love. Little did they know that something awaited their way.

--------

So what do you think awaits their way? Surprise or a shock.

Stay tuned to find out.

VOTE!!! SHARE!!! COMMENT!!!