Chapter 30

Be careful that for being cautious you don't become coward. –Prfctrose

Who needs words to convey feelings when you have so many better options;) –Prfctrose.

It had been a day since Kavya had reached India along with her friends Eli and Sean. She, like always was a blasting bubble of happiness especially since her best friend was getting married. She just couldn't contain her joy that finally her Mr. Perfect had found his better half. She was so happy for both of them. Even Sean and Eli were quite excited to see the big fat Indian wedding that Kavya kept blabbering on the whole flight. Dharam was also back home, but they hadn't met yet. He came in the midnight and the next day passed by in a blur with parents that didn't even have chance to think about anyone else. Dharam now knew that the groom was Sikhar. And he was happy because he knew that his best friend had made a right choice. Sikhar by all means was a very good man and Anchal too was a very good woman. They make a beautiful pair together everyone knew.

The curtains finally were lifted and events of marriage kept showing up. All were very happy. It was a total scene of eat, drink and be merry. In fact everyone was ecstatic but for one Dharam. Not that the wedding bothered him but there was something else that worried him. He had met Kavya and it felt good to see her after so many years. She looked as beautifully radiant as ever. They had a good long chat about how was everything in abroad, their studies, degrees, jobs, achievements, pranks, homesickness and what not. They could have kept talking for a longer time if Sean hadn't interrupted them and taking away Kavya from him. When they were talking they both felt the sparks. The embers were still burning they just need a puff of oxygen to turn into flames. But Dharam didn't know that Kavya felt the same instead what he felt was that she was taken by whom she claims to be only a friend. Dharam had asked her if she was in a relationship with Sean to which she had said "of course not he's just a friend that's all." But Dharam had seen the way Sean looked at her and he could tell that Sean was head over heels with Kavya. He knew because he had felt the same way or perhaps he was still feeling the same. But Kavya had moved on and there was no point in coming between them so he decided to stay away from her.

Kavya on the other hand was very irritated or rather more hurt with Dharam's behaviour. He was avoiding her purposefully and she was beyond confused as to why was he avoiding her. She wanted nothing but to be with him all the time. But why was he avoiding her? Today was "sangeet" and she was determined that she would ask him what's the matter with him when they dance together but to her disappointment when she thought that Dharam might just come and ask her for dance he stopped turned away and just went away and now she was fuming and was even more determined to get her answers.

Dharam wanted to have just one dance with her well if it was in his hands he would want to have all the dances with her and her alone but when he was going to ask her he saw Sean coming towards her and he knew she would obviously dance with Sean. So like a coward he just went away from there.

Kavya finally found him, she was searching for him from almost an hour since she finished her dance. He was busy chatting with some classmate on which Kavya could bet that Dharam did not even remember his last name so what was he doing with him. She went to him

Kavya: Hey Dharam, (turning towards the other guy) could you please excuse us.

He left saying of course. And she turned towards him

Kavya: Dharam what are you upto?

Dharam (gruffly): What do you want?

Kavya: I want to know why you are avoiding me.

Dharam: I am not avoiding you talking to someone else is not avoiding you.

Kavya: Oh really! Tell me his surname and I'll believe you are not avoiding me.

Dharam: You know what Kavya and no I don't know his surname and I really don't care who he was. You are right I just want to avoid you. I don't want to talk to you don't you get it?

Kavya: Let's go inside and talk we're creating a scene here.

Dharam: I said I don't want to talk.

Kavya: Just come with me D once for old time sake.

Dharam didn't want to go. He knew if they will be alone together he won't be able to resist her but he also he couldn't refuse her. So they just went inside a spare room.

Kavya: What the hell is wrong with you? Why are you ignoring me?

Dharam: Kavya, don't you get it? I AM NOT IGNORING YOU.

Kavya: SHUT UP! Ok just shut up and tell me why? Dharam I was hoping that since we hadn't seen each other in years we would spend time like before. I thought we are still best friends.

Dharam: There, right there I don't want to be your best friend.

Kavya (shocked): Wh... whaat? You don't want to be my best friend and here I was thinking that yo... you... lo.... Loved me. You know what just forget it. I didn't know you don't even want me as a best friend.

She hurries towards the door but Dharam stopped her.

Dharam: Oh! No no no now you can't go. Now you have to listen. Kavya I don't want to be your best friend because I want more than that. I want to be much more than that Kavya I LOVE YOU. But I can't tell you that not now especially not now since you are with....

Kavya: What are you talking who am I with?

Dharam: You don't need to act now I know that you and Sean are together and the truth is I can't see you with anyone else so I was avoid........

Kavya cuts him off and kisses him. As much as Dharam wants it he pulls back and says

Dharam: Kavya are you sure? I mean what about Sean?

Kavya (exasperatedly): No, Dharam for God sake no. There is nothing going on between us. Can't you see that I LOVE YOU? Now, shut up and kiss me before......

This time Dharam kisses her before she could finish her sentence. All the words that they wanted to say now need not be voiced they are all conveyed. The kiss everything they needed they felt they wanted and it felt as if hours had passed when just minutes passed by. Everything else forgotten it was them and just them. They knew exactly where they wanted to be for the rest of their lives.

--------

For all the foreign readers "sangeet" means music basically but is a function in Indian wedding on the eve of marriage where everyone dance and sing basically have a party and a blast but it is much different from a bachelor or hen's party.

So the end?

What do you think?

Is there more unexpectedness?

VOTE!!! SHARE!!! COMMENT!!!