Chapter 17

When life is perfect to be a happy ending it also a perfect time for things to blow up. -Prfctrose

He turned on the switch and with that the whole garden was lit up with beautiful lights everywhere. He was left speechless his jaw dropped when he saw that there was a tent with lights surrounding it. And near the tent stood his utterly gorgeous girl his childhood best friend his first love "KAVYA"

Dharam was absolutely stupefied. His girl was wearing a white bodice dress. It was too surreal for him to believe it. He took slow tentative steps towards Kavya because he didn't want to wake up if this was a dream. Finally he came to her and before she could say anything he gave her a tight hug expressing all the happiness he felt. Kavya finally took a breath which she never knew was holding for long now. Kavya had been too restless because she was confused whether Dharam will like the surprise or not? But the hug cleared all of her doubts.

"I love you Kavya!! Thank you so so so much. I cannot find words to express what and how I am feeling right now. This is the best thing someone has ever done for me." Dharam said while looking into her eyes. Kavya just blushed and look down and said "I love you too, Dharam." They both entered the tent. He saw that there was a table set for dinner there was also a laptop and a bunch of DVD of their favorite movies he also noticed that instrumental of pehla nasha was playing in the background. Dharam took this opportunity and held out his hand asking Kavya for a dance. She gladly gave her hand and they started dancing looking to eyes of each other that held nothing but love. The whole date was quite smooth and romantic. Kavya ordered their favorite pizza for the dinner and they watched their favorite movies together. They were at peace cuddling and holding each other. Later when the clock was nearing half past eleven Kavya switched off the laptop and asked Dharam to close his eyes. He readily closed his eyes in order to know what more was waiting for him. She practically had pulled the idea from the movie "2 States". She had brought his favorite blue berry muffin and an envelope which had a letter. She placed it on the table and asked him to open his eyes. He was happy that she brought his favorite muffin but was all the more curious to know what the letter held for him. He opened the letter and read

"Dear Dharam,

You're the oldest and the bestest friend I have had. It is and was always a pleasure to have you. I mean I can't thank my fortune enough to have gifted me a friend like you. Having a best friend like you is like feeling the song "JAANE KYU DIL JAANTA HAIN TU HAIN TO I'LL BE ALRIGHT". And then I fell in love with you; afterall i think, we were meant to be. Since then I have been on top of the world. I can go on and on writing about it since it is an honour and a lovely feeling to have you as the love of my life. But I wouldn't take much of your time but just would like to repeat what you probably already know; "I truly madly and deeply love you Mr. Dharam Hansraj."

Dharam  was overwhelmed he simply couldn't find words so he did which he knew would express all feelings. He kissed her. Kavya was shocked at first but nonetheless she kissed him back and the kiss paced from being soft and subtle at first, to being extremely passionate later. 

After their really long and passionate kiss, Kavya finally said, "Dharam, your mom dad will be waiting, I think its time you leave.

Dharam: Kavya please, I just cannot go right now. This is the best thing happening to me in my entire life. Please just 5 more minutes please!!

Kavya knew that she wanted him to stay just as much as he wanted. She quickly pulled him into a tight embrace. Dharam moved her hair away from her shoulder and started playing with his lips on her neck. Kavya was stunned! She couldn't move a bit and wished with all her heart that this wouldn't stop. He kissed her deeply again and again on her neck and slowly moved to her cheeks. She could feel the transition from the sensuousness to the sweetness of their love. He kissed her cheeks, then softly on her lips. Then he placed his palms on her cheek and kissed on her forehead! Thanking her in more than million words for all that she had done for him.

Dharam then hurriedly left for his home because as much as they wanted to be together they knew that their parents would grow suspicious if he didn't spent his birthday with his parents, which he did ever since.

Dharam had manged to reach his home at 11:55. He had hurried into his room where he knew his parents would be coming anytime. Dharam cut the cake with his parents and they had revealed that they had organised a party in the evening the next day.

It was 6 in the evening and the party had just begun. Guests had started coming and people started greeting Dharam. He looking drop dead handsome in black suit and red shirt. He looked regally hot. One cannot drink all his appearance right from the gelled hair to deep eyes to muscular arms and so on without feeling their throat dry. But he was growing as seconds ticked by because Kavya had not arrived yet. Just then Kavya and his whole group arrived and boy his jaw left hung open when he saw Kavya in strapless long gown. It was a long straight cut gown with a sweetheart neckline of champagne color. The neckline was studded with small diamonds and Kavya had matched it with long dangling diamond earrings and a diamond bracelet with charms. She looked absolutely stunning. Dharam was mesmerized by her beauty. Each of the friend took their time greeting and hugging Dharam. Kavya was the last one. When she hugged him he whispered "Babygirl you're killing me" she giggled and said "Well, you are no less handsome". Sikhar cleared his throat to bring the love birds out of their embrace and he wishper yelled to them "enough pda guys" and Anchal chimed in "don't you think you two need a room". Kavya blushed and Dharam chuckled. The cake was cut, songs were sung and soon the party was on the rocks.

Kavya felt someone was tugging at her hand she turned to see it was Dharam. He winked to her and asked her to follow him. She said not now as their parents would be suspicious. To which he simply said not to worry he has already told Sikhar and Anchal to inform them if anything suspicious happens. She was hesitant but followed him anyways. They walked hand in hand to the store room which was near to the party hall.

The party was not only a celebration event but also for socializing which would help Dharam to make and develop business contacts hence Mr Hansraj had invited many important persons. He had been looking for Dharam since past half and hour but he couldn't find him. Even his wife wasn't aware about his whereabouts. So he decided to ask Kavya but he couldn't find her. While he was looking for Kavya he collided with Sikhar so he asked Sikhar if he had seen anyone of them. Sikhar tensed up a bit but managed to answer that he wasn't aware. Sikhar immediately tried calling them but couldn't reach them. He told Anchal about this and they started searching for them so that they can find them before Mr. Hansraj did.

He opened the door in a rush to find them. He almost passed by the store room thinking he can't be here but than he thought why take a chance and then opened the door what he saw left him stunned.

He was with her with closed eyes both leaning in slowly for the kiss. But when the door opened. They were scared to death and Dharam could manage only one word. "Dad....."

--------

Oops!!!!