Chapter 28

The only difference between a good day and a bad day is your presence in it.

-Pranita

Kavya had got scared of the fierce exasperation of Ms June. It made her extremely nervous, the thought of losing her job on the very first day. She had already started to shiver and tears were about to form in her eyes out of abashment on her unpardonable negligence. She wanted to explain that she didn't know where she was supposed to be meeting her, but her mouth wouldn't just open out of a realization that probably nothing could be good enough an excuse to help her save her job. Just then, she thought to herself, that maybe it wasn't such a big crime afterall, and may be she should atleast give it a try. May be she could atleast put forward her side of the case. Worst, she would be expelled for being intrepid, but then she was going to be expelled anyways. With a lot of struggle, she threw out a few words from her mouth, ""but madam, I wasn't sure where would I find you, besides, the office interiors are so flattering, I couldn't help myself from discovering more", she said, pretending to be artless.

Ms June burst our laughing, and so did the others. Kavya started wondering why did something that could almost make her cry a river, appeared to be funny to them? She was looking at Ms June with anguish, just when she finally spoke, "Oh my dear little princess, I must say I am thoroughly impressed. I am sorry, it is my birthday today and I was in quite effervescent about it. So just thought I'll prank someone and amuse them as well as myself. But to my pleasant surprise, you pranked me back. I am glad I am going to have someone so brave in my team! I am sorry for the look that you had on your face earlier, but I bet you will forgive me for it, afterall, who gets upset on someone on their birthday?" Kavya couldn't help but smile. She was more glad that she was going to work with someone so much fun, than feeling dejected on being tricked on her very first day. She somehow found Ms June a really interesting character and stepped forward to wish her. "Wish you a very happy birthday Ms June. It was a great experience, meeting you, indeed!!" she said with a wink. Ms June looked really excited, "Thank you so much Kavya, and you may call me June, my near ones call me only that". "Alright June. I am sure I'll have a great time working with you", said Kavya. "Oh you definitely will!! Now follow me and we should get to work. I'll explain you....." saying this, Ms June got out of sight and Kavya followed her as soon as it dawned to her that she was supposed to be on work now.

The rest of her day went quite well, infact it got her really interested on how the bridal wear department functioned. They would get orders from various customers, majorly online and then depending on the need of the customer, a customized design will be developed. Once the design would be ready, it would go to the senior for confirmation, which if approved, will be sent to the client as a draft. The client may want a few changes, which would be included each time, until the client would be completely satisfied. And once the design would be finally confirmed, it would be given ahead for stitching. What she admired about their process that it included so much patience, so much so that it made sure the customer would be completely satisfied. Afterall, keeping customers in the center of everything is what makes successful companies, isn't it? She left from her new workplace beaming and contended, that she was now going to be working with this amazing organisation. It was way beyond her expectations and imagination.

She reached home, and dropped herself on the sofa, giving out a sigh of relief. It was indeed a long day. After resting for about 15 minutes, blankly looking at the curtains on her window, and enjoying the gentle wind touching her cheeks, and playing with her hair, she finally had to, unwillingly, get up and cook dinner. She prepared herself her favorite cheese chilly sandwich, a dish she loved when cooked by Chef Kavya Sharma!! She treated herself with a high reverence, and prepared dinner for herself. She wanted to acclaim her being a part of such an esteemed organisation. She put on her favorite bollywood songs on her phone, dim the lights in her house, lit a few candles around her dining table and set up her plates. She then served her dinner and got seated to enjoy the delicacy of the world. She ate her food slowly, wanting to enjoy every bit of the ambiance she had created for herself. Just when she was about to finish with dinner, her playlist played the song that was playing on her date with Dharam, the one they went immediately after confessing their love, the one that Dharam had planned, the one with diyas  and roses all over. It was her favorite memory, and every time that song played, she would be dragged back in the past, to live those most wonderful memories of her life. Oh!!!! But how was Dharam, she had almost forgotten about him. She quickly fetched her phone from the sofa and called Robert. 

Robert: Thank God Kavya you called. I just wanted to tell you that Dharam is slowly recovering now and he was asking to speak with you. I'll give the line to him wait.

Kavya couldn't say a word, she was desperate to hear Dharam now.

Dharam (in a very heavy but low voice): Kavya?

Kavya: Oh Lord!! Dharam how have you been? I have been so worried. How could you be so careless!!

Dharam: I am better now Kavya, will be jumping around in few days. But well about being careless, that I have always been. Just that you were there to take care............

Kavya couldn't say anything. A tear dropped from her eyes. She wished she could be there. But she had to respond, atleast because she didn't want their conversation to end so quickly.

Kavya: Dharam you know I am always there. Just that I have been a little caught up lately. But I am going to keep a check on you all the time now. Once you are out of the hospital, I am going to be keeping a track of your complete schedule and I'll make sure you get well sooner than soonest!! You get that Mister? Now shut up and rest there. 

Dharam: Hehe! I miss you Kavya....

Kavya: I miss you too Dharam!!

______________________________________________________

Sorry for the delay in posting this chap.

Hope you liked it.

SHARE!! LIKE!! COMMENT!!

Happy reading :)