Chapter 1 - Roxy

When the final bell of school rang, I packed up my things and shoved them into my backpack.

"Roxanne," the teacher called out before I could leave the classroom.

"Yes, Mr. Jacobson?" I walked over to his desk.

"I graded your test. The one you retook." He handed it back to me.

I looked at the front page. I scored a B+. Not bad.

"Thank you." I stuffed the paper in my backpack.

He nodded his head, before I walked out.

Since it was Friday, the hallway was packed with students who couldn't wait to leave. I was one of them, glad it was finally the weekend.

"Rox!" Finn stood on my right, as he put his arm over my shoulders, and we made our way down the hall.

"Hey, Finn. How was class?" I asked, wrapping my arm around his back.

"Class was class. Excited?" His hazel eyes turned to meet mine.

"For?" I was a bit confused.

"It's Friday! Which marks the start of our winter break. No school for two weeks!" he shouted the last sentence.

"You know it," Garrett responded, from my left, as he also put his arm over my shoulder.

"No school and no homework," I told them both. "I'm excited about that," I announced.

"So am I," Carter said, joining us on Garrett's side.

"Hey, where's Ryan?" Garrett asked.

"Here," Ryan answered, walking beside Finn.

"You guys, this winter break is going to be awesome! Food, food, and even more food!" Garrett proclaimed.

A laugh escaped my lips.

"It's the last winter break before we graduate high school. That's insane!" Carter shouted.

When the five of us made it outside, past the school's main gate, we made our way over to the school's parking lot.

"Meet at my house later?" Finn asked, standing by the driver's door of his car.

We all parked close to each other in the school's parking lot.

"Yeah," Carter, Garrett, and Ryan responded, then they got into their cars.

"Ready to go?" Finn asked me, as I stood opposite to him by the passenger door and waved to the guys.

"Yup. Let's go, Finnley." I grinned.

"Must you say my full name, Roxanne?"

"No need for full names, Finn."

"I could say the same to you, Rox."

"Come on, let's go." I opened the door of his car and got in.

We arrived at Finn's house about fifteen minutes after we had left the school.

We stood on his porch, outside his front door.

"Man, where's the key?" he mumbled to himself, patting his pockets.

"Where'd you leave it this time?" I questioned, knowing he was always misplacing his house key, even though I always told him to attach it to his car keys. You would think he would just like any other person.

"I can't remember. I remember putting it on my dresser, and then I... Aww, man, I left it in my room."

"Finn, you're supposed to be the responsible one out of us," I laughed.