Chapter 13 - Roxy

I carefully put the pan into the oven and set the timer.

"Rox?" I heard.

"In the kitchen!" I called out, washing my hands in the sink.

"I brought the stuff." He walked into the kitchen, holding a white plastic bag, and setting it down on the kitchen island.

"Thank you."

"I brought the candles, chocolate, and sprinkles."

I nodded my head. "I'm going to shower real quick. Can you watch the cake? I already set the timer, just take it out when it rings. Oven mitts are in their usual spot."

"I've got this."

I nodded my head.

I walked up the stairs into my bedroom. I grabbed a couple of clothes from my closet and headed into my bathroom to shower.

After I showered, I dressed myself. I wore light-denim jeans, a navy long-sleeved shirt, and my all-black converse. I combed my hair, making sure to take out all of the tangles, and then I made two Dutch braids in my hair. They would suit me nicely for today's activity.

After I finished getting ready, I went downstairs. Walking into the kitchen, I noticed Finn sitting behind the island counter, eating an apple. The cake was on the counter cooling down.

"How long has it been out?" I asked.

"Maybe twenty minutes," he replied.

"It should be cool by now. I'm going to frost it already."

I washed my hands and grabbed the cake platter. I grabbed the cake pan and took out the cake from it. I then placed the cake on the platter and began frosting it with the chocolate frosting I made earlier. I coated the cake all around, put sprinkles on top, and shaved some chocolate on top to finish it off. It didn't take that long. Maybe twenty minutes.

"What time is it?"

He looked at his phone. "Six thirty. What time did you wake?"

"Like five. Alright, we're good here." I boxed the cake and quickly cleaned up the mess I made. "The guys are gonna meet us there, right?"

"Yeah. Let's go."

I handed Finn the cake and candles. I grabbed my phone, keys, and put them in my shoulder bag.

We walked out of my house and got in Finn's car. I rested the cake on top of my lap, while Finn drove.

My phone started to ring.

"Hey," I spoke.

"Roxy, Ryan and I are already here. We're parked a few doors down," I heard Carter's voice.

"We're on our way. It'll be a few more minutes. We're fine, he usually wakes up at around ten on Saturday's."

"Alright, see you in a few. Bye."

"Bye." We both hung up.

"They're already there?"

"Yeah."

We turned onto the street. Finn parked a few houses down, not wanting to be seen. I grabbed my bag and put it over my shoulder. I grabbed the cake and closed the car door behind me.

Carter and Ryan were standing beside Ryan's truck. Finn and I walked towards them.

"Hey, guys," I spoke.

"Hey," they replied.

"All chocolate?" Carter asked.

"Yup. His favorite," I replied, smiling.