Chapter 25 - Roxy

It was two in the morning. The guys were all asleep, and I was the only one awake. Sitting on a blanket on the roof of Finn's house, I was just looking up at the stars, admiring their beauty.

"Here you are," I heard.

I turned around and saw Ryan peaking his head out of the window where I had climbed out of.

He climbed out of the window and joined me, sitting right beside me on my right.

"I was looking all over for you," he said. "I woke up and saw that you were gone then I noticed that the door to attic was open so I walked in. What are you doing up here, anyway?" He turned to face me.

"The stars." I pointed up. "And I couldn't sleep," I explained.

He looked up at the sky for a moment before speaking, "they are looking beautiful."

He laid down on the blanket beside me, and put his hands behind his head.

"You know," I started. "I kinda wish there weren't that many city lights. They block most of the stars light. We can't really see that many out here." I laid back down on the blanket, covering myself with the spare blanket.

"I know. We should all go camping one of these days," he suggested, grabbing the other half of the blanket and covering himself.

"We should. Maybe on spring break or something," I proposed.

"Yeah." He paused. "You know, I sometimes think about traveling the world. I know most people do and so do I."

"Same here. I wanna learn about different cultures and different people," I said. "In about ten to twenty years when you have a career and a family, where would you want to live?" I asked, not taking my eyes off the stars.

"I've actually thought about that before," he admitted. "I don't want to live somewhere where it's very populated like a city. I kind of want like a small town somewhere where there's a lot of nature. Like by the woods or something." He turned to face me and I did the same.

"Or you know, staying here wouldn't be all that bad," he said, eyes meeting mine. "What about you?"

"I love Cali and the beaches, but I've always preferred the cold. I wanna live somewhere where it's cold. Doesn't have to be snow. I just want cloudy skies," I explained. "Cloudy skies give me joy."

He let out a small laugh. "So all you want is cloudy skies and cold? Doesn't matter where, like a town or a city?"

"Nope. I just wanna wear sweaters and long-sleeves all the time. I want to wrap up in a blanket, sitting by a fire, while hearing the sound of rain coming from outside. That's all I want," I admitted.

"That's all?"

I smiled. "Nope. I want a family too. I want kids and a husband. I want to get married, wearing a big puffy dress. I want to marry a person and make a vow that we'll never let go of each other and live our lives out together side by side," I confessed. "What about you?"

"I want a family too. Maybe three kids." He smiled. "Their gender doesn't matter; I'll be happy with whatever. I want marriage, too. Nowadays people get married for different things and end up divorcing. I wouldn't want something like that," he admitted.

I held my gaze on him.

"It probably sounds strange, coming from me. Not many guys admit stuff like that."

"It's fine. Finn's talked like that before. I'm used to it. He's talks about moving to Northern California and starting a family over there. It makes me sad to think if he would move over there that I would lose him. He's my best friend. I couldn't imagine not having him in my life," I said. "We talk about how eventually when we both have our own lives and our own families, we're still going to be close. He'll be uncle Finn to my kids and I'll be aunt Rox to his. Our kids are going to be cousins." I smiled.