Chapter 12 - Ryan

Carter and I headed to our first period class. Taking our seats beside each other and setting ourselves situated on our seats, I turned to him.

"Carter."

"What?"

"You and Roxy. It's been days since you guys have talked. I don't think you've gone this long without talking to each other."

"Listen, Ryan, I know you mean well, but not right now." He didn't look at me. He just crossed his arms across his chest.

"Alright, but you know you this has to be fixed before tomorrow. We're not going to ruin Garrett's day just because two of his friends are upset with each other."

The bell rang and the teacher passed out a few papers. They were assignments on the notes we took yesterday.

Carter and I didn't talk the entire period. Great. Now I think he was a bit upset with me too.

I was only trying to help. Having a small feud between us really messed the group up. I don't recall there ever being trouble between any of us though. Things were usually mellow. Anything bigger than their fight would probably screw the group up big time.

When the bell rang, Carter collected his things. He waited for me outside of the class, and we walked down the hall.

"Catch you later." He walked in the opposite direction like always.

I walked down the hallway and walked inside my classroom. I took my seat and waited.

"Hey," Finn said, sitting in his seat beside me.

"Did you talk to Roxy?" I turned to face him.

"About the Carter incident?"

"Yeah."

"I did. She doesn't want to keep fighting with him, but she's still upset that he didn't believe her. And so she's not in the mood to talk to him right now."

"Same with Carter. They're both being stubborn to talk to the other person first."

"Got that right."

"Carter wouldn't even let me say anything about it."

"I tried convincing Rox to talk to him, but she refused."

"Yeah?"

"You don't even know the half of it." He shook his head as he started to take out a notebook and pencil from his backpack.

####

"Bye, Ryan." Fiona waved, getting up from her seat.

I gave her a small wave.

"Ready?" I asked Roxy, swinging my backpack over my right shoulder.

"Yeah." She also swung her backpack over her right shoulder.

We made our way outside and got in the lunch line. Roxy and I grabbed a tray.

"What are you getting today?" She turned to me.

"I'm not sure. Maybe a sandwich and some fruit. You?"

"Probably a sandwich too. They still haven't brought the pizza back."

We moved up the line and grabbed some food. We paid and went on our way. Roxy had bought a sandwich, grapes, and apple juice. I had bought a ham sandwich, an orange, and a water bottle.

We made our way over to our usual lunch table. Sitting down, we placed our trays in front of us. She sat down beside Finn and Garrett, avoiding her usual seat beside Carter, while I sat down in between Carter and Garrett.