Chapter 10 - Ryan

I grabbed my backpack and swung it over my right shoulder, adjusting the hem of my shirt after doing so. I locked up my truck with my keys as I walked away and made my way towards the schools entrance.

"Boo," I heard from my left.

I turned to see Finn and Roxy. She had a smile on her face as she pushed her hair from the front to her back.

"Hey." I reached over and gave her a side hug. "Finn," I spoke.

He nodded his head, and we did our usual handshake.

"So how was your guys' morning," I asked as we made our way through the parking lot.

"Dreadful," Roxy spoke, no longer wearing a smile on her face. "First day back."

I smiled, knowing how it was when it came to school and Roxy. Sure her grades were good but she really dreaded sitting in a classroom.

"It's second semester," Finn spoke. "Our last semester in high school."

"This semester is going to be awesome, you guys." Roxy grabbed Finn's arm then my arm. "I just know it will be." The smile had returned to her voice and it reached her eyes.

We made our way into the school and to the usual table we sat at in the mornings. It was also the table we sat at during lunch. It was a round concrete table. It had a ring of benches around it for sitting. The three of us sat down. Roxy and Finn sat across from me.

I was usually the last person to get here. When I would arrive at school in the mornings, the guys and Roxy would be here already. I guess the first day back had everyone a little messed up.

"Where's Carter and Garrett?" I asked.

"Probably running late," Finn answered.

"Probably already here," Garrett said, sitting on my right in his usual seat.

Carter sat on my left and beside Roxy.

Since the table had a round bench around it that was all connected, we all basically sat beside each other.

"Why are you guys here so late?" Roxy questioned.

"Carter. He was taking forever," Garrett answered.

"First day back. I was trying to wear something nice," Carter defended.

"You're wearing a plain black hoodie," I spoke.

"I know!" Carter spoke. "I was in the midst of changing my shirts. Garrett walked into my room. He grabbed my backpack and this hoodie. He dragged me out shirtless. I had to put the hoodie on in the car."

"No shirt under, huh?" Roxy asked.

He shook his head. "At least it's still cold out."

I looked over at Roxy. I studied what she was wearing. Earlier, I noticed she was wearing black skinny jeans and a burgundy long-sleeved flannel. The guys and I had more flannel shirts than Roxy. She was sometimes borrowing ours. I took better notice of the flannel. She was wearing my flannel shirt. I thought one of the guys had it. The shirt looked better on her, or maybe because it was mine.

Roxy's eyes met mine. "What?" She smiled. "Is there something on my shirt?" She looked down at it, examining it.

I chuckled. "Actually, my shirt."

Her eyes met mine again. "Oh." She blushed.

"It's fine. Looks way better on you than it ever did on me." It honestly did.

"You know," she spoke. "I honestly don't know how our shirts end up with each other."

"Oh, I know, huh?" Garrett spoke. "This is Finn's sweater."