Chapter 3 - Roxy

I woke up at around seven in the morning, not knowing why, since it was a Sunday. I remember Ryan dropping me off home last night, and then I just went to bed after that.

My parents had mentioned that they would be home. I got out of bed and walked downstairs. Surely enough, I saw my dad's briefcase on the table, near the front door entrance.

Usually, when my parents came home, it was either awesome or horrible. Don't get me wrong, I appreciated everything they did for me. I really did. I knew they loved me, but sometimes they would bring their work home with them. That's when it was horrible, since they would unknowingly ignore me. I just had to hope for the best.

I walked into the kitchen and got a bowl to serve myself some cereal.

"Good morning." My mom walked into the kitchen, wearing her light-blue robe.

"Morning, mom. How was your flight?" I asked her, taking a seat at the table.

"It was fine, like always," she said, taking out a bowl and some oatmeal.

She made her oatmeal and joined me at the table.

"How's school going?" she asked, looking at me with her familiar green eyes.

I had gotten most of my looks from my mom. She had green eyes, brown hair, and fair skin. I looked just like her. The only difference between us was that  she had short shoulder-length hair, and she wasn't tall like me, though, some could possibly debate it since she was 5'8.

"It's going great. I still have mostly all A's. A few B's," I told her the truth.

"That's good honey." She continued to eat her oatmeal. "How's Finn? Is he doing good?"

"Yeah, he is," I replied, as my dad walked into the kitchen.

"Morning, honey." He walked over to my mom and kissed her on the cheek. "Morning, sweetheart." He walked over to where I was sitting and kissed the top of my head.

"Morning, dad."

"Honey, do you want me to make you some breakfast?" my mom asked him.

"I'm fine. I'll just eat some cereal." He got himself a bowl and some cereal then sat down at the table. "Please, pass the milk," he told me, since he was seated near my mom.

"Here you go." I handed it to him.

"Everything good at school and with your friends?" he asked.

"Yup, everything is alright."

"So, Roxanne, I'm going downtown to do some shopping. You want to go?" my mom asked.

"Actually, yeah, I have to buy a dress for the wedding," I told her.

"Wow, is it already this Wednesday?" she asked.

Even my own mother remembered about it, when I didn't, and she was busier than I was.

"Yeah," I replied.

"So, do you have a date yet?" she asked, and my dad raised an eyebrow.

"No, not yet. I don't even know who to ask," I admitted to her.

"Go with Finn," she suggested.

"Probably not," I told her. "I don't see him like that."

"Not like that, Roxy. Go as friends," she reassured me.

"No. I told him to go with someone else. He's been crushing on a girl for a while now. I think it'll be a great opportunity for him to ask her on a date." I smiled to myself.