Chapter 9 - Roxy

"Roxanne, the caterers will be here soon. Go upstairs and get dressed already," my mother spoke.

I nodded and walked up the stairs into my bedroom. I closed the door behind me. I walked over to my closet, grabbed a black pair of skinny jeans and a white long-sleeved shirt.

I quickly got dressed and put on my black combat boots. I walked over to my mirror and combed my hair. I turned on the wand and did some loose curls in my hair. I applied some mascara and eyeliner.

Just as I was finishing up, there was a knock on my door. I opened it to find Adrian standing outside my room. He wore dark denim jeans and a black shirt that showed off his muscles.

"Hey, Roxy." He smiled. "You look nice."

"Thanks, so do you."

"My parents just got here."

I nodded.

We walked downstairs. Adrian's parents were standing there in the living room. Both were dressed very fancy. Adrian's mom wore a black dress and Adrian's dad wore black dress pants with a navy dress shirt.

I walked over to them and greeted them. They were always so nice and polite. After I greeted them, they went with some of the other adults, along with my parents into the study.

I heard the doorbell ring. I made my way towards the door and opened it.

Finn stood there with his parents. His mom held a bottle of wine.

"Hey, Rox." He hugged me.

"Hey," I spoke and greeted Finn's parents after.

They left to find my parents after I told them they were in the study.

Finn and I walked out to the backyard. I didn't know where Adrian was. He was in the living room when I opened the front door, but when I turned around, he wasn't there.

Finn and I sat down on a few chairs.

"You look pretty," he spoke.

"Thanks. You look nice," I complimented him on his beige long-sleeved shirt and black jeans.

"Thanks."

"Hey," I heard Garrett.

Finn and I both turned to our rights. Garrett, and Ryan, along with Ryan's brothers walked out through the sliding doors.

Finn and I both stood.

I hugged Ryan then Garrett.

"Kody, Nate!" I wrapped my arms around both of them.

"Hey, Roxy," they said in unison.

It was nice seeing them. After we greeted each other, they walked back inside. They talked about drinks then they left.

Carter walked out of the house, with Adrian right behind him.

"Hey, Roxy." He hugged me.

"Hey, Carter."

"Let's get something to drink," Garrett spoke.

The six of us walked inside. We walked over to the kitchen and grabbed ourselves something to drink. I grabbed a cup full of lemonade. I didn't pay attention to what the guys got. There were a few water bottles and sodas on the kitchen island.

"I can't believe we start school on Monday," Garrett mumbled.

I took a sip of my drink, as I watched Adrian talk.

"Me too. I don't feel like going back."

"I wish winter break was longer," Carter spoke.

"Hey, Roxy, what kind of food did the caterers bring?" Garrett turned to me.