Chapter 36 - Ryan

I removed the blankets from my body and walked over to the bathroom to wash my face. I walked out of the bathroom and noticed that Finn and Roxy were still asleep.

There was some light coming into the room from the window above the beds.

I looked over at Roxy. She looked so peaceful asleep. I sighed and shook the thought from my head.

I walked out of the bedroom and made my way over to the living room and kitchen.

Carter was up as well. He was by the stove, with his back turned. From the aroma I was getting, I could tell he was cooking breakfast.

"Hey, Carter." I walked over to him.

"Hey." He turned around.

"You're up early, too. What time is it anyway?" I asked.

"Eight."

Not that early.

"Are Roxy and Finn still asleep?"

"Yeah." 

He sighed.

"Garrett?" I asked.

"Yeah. Full on asleep. Takes a lot for him to wake up. I was hoping Roxy was awake. I need help cooking."

"I'll help." I wasn't so good with cooking, but I knew a few basics.

"Please, get started on the scrambled eggs."

I at least knew how to make that. Go ahead and add it to my list which includes making cereal and burning water. I could last forever, with a list like that.

I grabbed a pan and set it on the stove. Carter turned it on and added oil, while I grabbed the eggs from the fridge.

"How many eggs?"

"Fifteen."

"Fifteen?" I questioned, while walking over to the fridge and taking out the carton.

"Man, have you seen us?" He turned to look at me. "We eat a lot. Roxy not so much, but we do. Besides, that's the amount of eggs we always use."

I didn't say anything. I started cracking the eggs in the pan. I add some salt and pepper. I grabbed a spatula and started mixing around the eggs. Carter finished up the bacon and put it on a platter. When the eggs were ready, I placed them on another platter.

"Roxy usually makes pancakes, but she's asleep. Bacon and eggs will have to suffice."

He placed both platters on the table, while I took out the orange juice and placed it on the table. Carter also placed the plates, forks, and cups on the table.

"What smells so good?" Garrett walked into the kitchen. His hair was pointing in all directions.

"Yeah. Food wakes you up. Huh?"

"Listen, Lexington, you don't want to start with me in the mornings. Especially when I haven't had a chance to eat."

I rolled my eyes.

When Finn and Roxy woke up, we all sat down to eat breakfast.

After we finished eating and cleaning up, we all decided to get ready to go on our hike.

The three of us walked into the bedroom. Roxy grabbed some clothes and walked inside the bathroom to change. I quickly put on a pair of black basketball shorts and a gray T-shirt. Finn also got dressed. He wore black basketball shorts and a black tank top shirt.

I was tying up the laces on my shoes, when Roxy walked out of the bathroom. She wore black leggings and a teal tank top, with her black exercise shoes. Her hair was tied up into a pony tail. She looked so good.