Chapter 37 - Roxy

"It's raining outside," Garrett commented, walking into the living room.

"I know." I smiled, wrapping the blanket tighter around myself.

"I still don't understand how you can love the rain like that," Carter said, looking up from his phone.

"She's a strange one, that Roxanne of ours," Garrett said, sitting down on the couch beside me.

I smiled.

"So what are we going to do? We were supposed to go into town and explore," Carter said.

"We still can," Finn said. "We'll just chill here for a while and then go into town later."

"We can watch movies!" I said.

"Alright, someone pick a movie, and I'll make some hot chocolate," Carter offered, standing from the armchair.

Garrett turned on the television and browsed for a bit before he found a movie. He decided on Cast Away.

"Hot chocolate is ready," Carter called.

The guys and I grabbed mugs and poured ourselves some hot chocolate. Finn brought out mini marshmallows and whipped cream. We got our mugs ready and walked over to the living room.

"Gare Bear, scoot over?" I asked, since he had sprawled himself out on the couch.

"But I'm so comfortable."

"Gare Bear." I cocked my head to the side and held my gaze.

"Okay. Anything for you." He sat up and scooted closer to the edge.

"Thank you." I sat beside him and leaned closer to him, covering us with the blanket I had.

Garrett draped his arm over my shoulders, while Finn sat next to us on my left.

Ryan's gaze lingered over us as he and Carter sat on opposite armchairs.

Finn started the movie after setting a plate down full of cookies on the coffee table in front of us, and we watched as we drank our hot chocolate.

####

"Brice is coming." Carter reached down enough to whisper to me. My back was turned so I wasn't able to see him.

Yesterday, Brice's kiss was unexpected. One minute I was pushing his shoulder, an unconscious action at his witty comments, just goofing around, and the next, his lips were on mine. I didn't push him away right away. A part of me wanted to let myself see what if, but to be honest, I didn't feel a thing. There was no connection there. And there was nothing wrong with that. Sure, Brice was a sweet and funny guy, but he wasn't for me. I didn't have genuine feelings for him. My heart was already set on someone. And I had to be honest with Brice.

"Hey, Roxy," I heard from behind me.

I turned around.

Brice stood before me. He had a smile on his face. He wore a red thin hoodie, with the hood up, covering most of his hair.

"Hey." I returned the smile.

He wrapped his arms around me.

"You guys came into town, too," he said, after we pulled away.

"Yeah. We're just exploring." I nodded.

"That's cool." His smile didn't fade one bit. "Do you want to hang out later?" he asked, putting his hands into his front pockets.

Damn. I had to tell him now.

"Brice," I said. "Can I talk to you about something?"

"Yeah, sure."