Chapter 5 - Roxy

Today was the wedding. Ryan and I were going to leave at 10:30, since it was a three-hour drive, and the wedding ceremony would start at two in the afternoon. We wanted to get there early. So that's why I started freaking out when I woke up at 9:45 this morning. I overslept, even though I had set an alarm on my phone for eight this morning.

"No," I spoke to myself, as I got out of bed in a rush.

I quickly got in the shower and did what I needed to do. That was probably the quickest shower I had ever taken, since it was only ten minutes.

I walked out of my bathroom, dressed in basketball shorts and a T-shirt. I began to blow dry my hair, since that was going to take another ten. After blow drying my hair, I began to curl it. Luckily, curling my hair didn't take as long as it usually did. I put on some light-makeup. Just eyeliner, mascara, and some blush. I looked in the mirror, I was glad I looked decent and not like I had just woken up a few minutes ago like I had.

I heard the door bell ring, and then I heard my phone.

"Hello," I answered it, as I walked over to the closet to get my dress.

"Roxy, I'm here outside your house," Ryan spoke.

I checked the time. It was 10:20.

"Alright, I'll be downstairs right now," I told him, then we both hung up.

I hurried towards my door and walked down the stairs in a rush. I opened the front door and saw Ryan standing there. He looked so good.

He was wearing a black tux with a white button up shirt underneath, and a black skinny tie. Also, not to mention, his black dress shoes and pants. His hair blonde hair was styled in a quiff. He truly did look good.

"Come in." I moved aside for him to enter which he did. "Ryan, go ahead, take a seat in the living room or go into the kitchen and help yourself to anything. I still need to finish getting ready, so if you'll excuse me..."

"Go ahead," he told me, and I rushed up the stairs again.

I walked in my room and closed the door behind me. I put on some short spandex shorts then I put on the dress. The shorts were short enough that you didn't see them under the dress. I put on lotion on my arms and on my legs then put on some deodorant. I looked for my shoes which I couldn't find. I had placed them on top of my dresser, but they weren't there. I rushed over to the closet and looked up on the top shelf. Then I remembered they were on the side of my bed. As I walked over to the bed, I tripped on the clothes that were on the ground.

"Ow," I groaned then stood up and walked over to get my black flats which I quickly put on.

"Roxy?" I heard Ryan from behind my door.

"Yeah?" I called back, walking over to my closet to get my black clutch purse.

"I heard something fall," he spoke, behind the door.

I walked over to the door and opened it. He was standing just outside the door.

"I kind of fell," I told him, as I let him in and walked over to my dresser to look for some earrings.

"Are you alright?" he asked, standing by the wall.

"Yup, kinda hurt, but I'm alive," I responded, putting on the earrings.

"Ready to go?" he asked.

"Yeah, I think I have everything," I told him, looking around my room. "Oh, excuse the mess," I mentioned.

"It's fine, you should see my room," he chucked.

I grabbed my phone, my keys, and whatever else I needed and put them in my clutch. I didn't take anything else because we were coming back tonight.