Chapter 26 - Ryan

"Hey," he said, walking through the door.

"What's up?" I asked, looking up from my laptop.

"Nothing much," he said, as he plopped himself onto my bed and put his hands behind his head.

"Garrett." I spun completely around in my chair to see him clearly.

"My bad," he said, as he took off his shoes, letting them drop to the floor, and crossed his feet at the ankles. He turned on the television and put a show on.

I shook my head as I turned back in my seat and started to turn off my laptop.

"So..."

"What?" I asked, turning to look at him after the laptop was shut off.

"What happened up on that roof?"

I shrugged my shoulders. "We just talked and fell asleep."

"That's all? Nothing more?"

"Garrett, what did you want to happen?"

"Oh, I don't know. Confessing to Roxy that you like her. You know something like, 'hey, Roxy, now that we're up here, I might as well tell you that I like you. And not just as friends. More than friends.' Blah. Blah. Blah. I don't know and then ride off into the sunset or something. Or more like sunrise since you did wake up on the roof."

"Sorry to disappoint, but that didn't happen." I turned my attention back to the television screen, seeing he turned it on to Friends.

"It should have," he mumbled.

"Garrett."

"Ryan. Honestly, it pisses me off that you won't tell her. It's just a bad feeling knowing that you like her but don't have the guts to do anything. It's frustrating."

"Well, good thing it's not you, huh?"

I walked out of my room and walked downstairs into the kitchen where I grabbed two bottled waters. I walked back upstairs and tossed one to Garrett as I drank the other one. I didn't want to focus on what he had just said about confessing my feelings towards Roxy, or lack of confessing my feelings. Either way I wanted to avoid it.

"I'm kind of hungry. Let's go to Finn's?"

"Yeah. I'm texting Carter to get ready so we can pick him up in a few," Garrett said, after he turned off the television.

I nodded as I walked over to my closet to grab a pair of shoes.

We walked out of my house and decided on taking my truck because Garrett didn't feel like driving. It wasn't long before we arrived at Carter's and Garrett was texting him to come outside.

"Get in loser!"

Carter rolled his eyes before he opened the car door and got into the backseat.

When we got to Finn's, Roxy was upstairs while Finn was in the kitchen leaning his elbows on the kitchen island, typing away on his phone.

"What's up, guys?" He set his phone down, stood up straight, and offered us something to eat or drink. "Rox's just—"

"Right here," she said, stepping into the kitchen. She wore denim jeans and a gray shirt. "Hey, you guys." She walked around and hugged each of us.

"So where are we going?" Carter asked, as he sat on top of one of the kitchen counters.

Garrett moved to the corner of the counters while I stood where I was and Roxy stood by the kitchen island opposite of Finn, closer to me.

"What are we craving?" Roxy asked.

"Burgers?"

I shook my head.