Chapter 32 - Ryan

I walked past the doors that led out to the quad and made my way, through groups of people, to our usual table.

"Where is everyone?" I asked Finn, as I sat down next to him. He was texting on his phone. No doubt Grace. "Where's Roxy?" I asked, knowing he was the one who always carpooled with her and she wasn't with him.

"She texted me, saying that Garrett was going to bring her this morning," he answered, after he sent his last text and set his phone down on the table in front of him.

I nodded, looking around the quad at the different people. Some people were sitting at tables like us, while some stood in groups, and some sat by themselves, looking down at their phones.

"We brought donuts," Garrett said, as he, Carter, and Roxy sat in their usual seats. I was too busy looking around that I didn't notice them walk up.

Garrett opened the pink box and grabbed one for himself. The rest of us followed by grabbing a donut. I grabbed a round chocolate donut, using one of the napkins he brought.

I looked over at Roxy. Her hair was down and straight. She was wearing a gray flannel with the buttons undone, revealing a black spaghetti-strap shirt. I then switched my gaze over to Garrett. He also wore a gray flannel shirt. Only his shirt was buttoned up.

"You guys are wearing similar clothes," I stated, after realizing.

"We're matching." Roxy's eyes met mine, as a smile spread on her lips.

"All the way down to our shoes," Garrett said, in between bites.

"You guys planned this?" I raised my eyebrows.

"Yeah. We planned this yesterday," Garrett explained.

I nodded my head, finishing my donut.

When the bell rang, we all gathered our things and stood.

"Guys, take another donut." Garrett held the box open for us to reach in and grab one.

Carter and I grabbed another chocolate glazed donut, before thanking Garrett.

"See you guys at lunch." Carter waved, and we both walked away and headed to our first class.

"So, Garrett brought you guys this morning?" I asked, as we made our way through the herd of the student body.

"Yeah. He and Roxy picked me up. Garrett suggested we get donuts."

I turned to him, watching as he kept his attention forward, trying to maneuver his way through the crowd.

"Wait. Why'd Garrett pick up Roxy this morning?" I asked, as we made our way into our class and took our seats in the back, just as the final bell was ringing.

"He didn't. He spent the night at her house and so they left together." He shrugged his shoulders, finishing his donut and taking out a notebook to take notes like instructed by our teacher.

After we took notes, we all grabbed textbooks to start on our homework sheet.

During my Physics class with Finn or my economics class with both Carter and Garrett, I didn't ask any of them anything else about Garrett spending the night at Roxy's. It wasn't until my math class, with Roxy, that I brought up the subject.

"So, Garrett spent the night?" I asked, rummaging through my backpack for my notebook, not once making eye contact.

"Yeah. We were ranting about our parents and he stayed the night."

I nodded, taking out the notebook.

We started doing our math problems and that's when we were allowed to move around the classroom.