Chapter 4 - Ryan

"Wake up, Ryan!"

My body was faced down into the mattress and I was being crushed further into it.

I opened my eyes and saw Kody, my brother. He reached down and moved closer to my face so I could see him. He was sitting on my back, with his feet hanging off the bed and touching the carpet.

"Get off," I mumbled, still half-asleep.

"Get up." He got off and pulled the blankets off me, exposing me to the cold air.

I immediately got out of bed and lunged at him, causing him to fall backwards onto the carpet.

"Ryan, off your brother!" my mom told me. She had walked by at the perfect moment to see me.

I looked at her, then Kody took his chance and ended up over me.

"Kody!" my mom yelled and walked away. "Behave yourselves!" she called out.

Kody got off of me. He extended his hand towards me and helped me up.

"It's good to be home, little brother." He reached out, trying to ruffle my hair, but I moved before he could.

"I'm taller than you," I stated.

"By two inches," he muttered, walking out my room.

"And learn to close my door!" I yelled, closing it myself.

I got my blankets of the floor and put them back on my bed. I looked at the time. It was ten on a Monday morning. I grabbed a white T-shirt and quickly put it on then made my way downstairs. 

My eldest brother, Nate, was sitting on the couch in the living room, watching television. I walked into the kitchen and grabbed a bowl of cereal. Kody walked into the kitchen, as I was sitting myself down at the table. He got a bottle of water from the fridge and started chugging it.

"Let's play some soccer," he said, standing by the fridge.

"Alright, when I'm done eating," I replied.

"Alright." He walked out of the kitchen, but not before throwing his, now, empty water bottle at me.

My brothers and I don't really fight. Sometimes, though we pick on each other. There have been a couple of times when we've swung fists. Other than that, we're usually civil with each other. Usually.

They go to the same college so they always spend time with each other. Kody is a sophomore in college as an undecided major. He and I are the ones that usually butt heads more. Nate is the eldest and a senior in college. He's studying business. Nate and I usually tend to get along better than Kody and I. Although, there are rare times when they team up against me.

I finished eating then went upstairs and put on some shoes. Nate and Kody were already outside in the backyard when I had walked back down.

"Kody will be goalie first, then we'll rotate," Nate announced, and we started playing.

####

My brothers and I played for quite sometime. We rotated goalies every now and then. It was about one when we decided to stop playing and rest. The three of us walked inside and got some water.

I, by mistake, left my phone on the kitchen table when I went to the bathroom. When I walked into the living room where my brothers were, Kody was going through my phone.

"Dude, what the hell?" I asked him, reaching over across the couch he was sitting on, trying to get it away from him, but he kept moving around the living room, dodging me.