Chapter 8 - Ryan

"What are you doing?" Kody walked into my bedroom.

"Dressing." I turned my olive-colored shirt inside out and put it on.

"Hey, I never really asked you how the wedding went. So?"

"It was fun."

"Did you and Roxy make out?"

I turned to look at him. He had a cheeky smile as he leaned against the bureau with his arms crossed against his chest.

"No."

"You suck. You should have told her that night."

"I was, but then I kept stuttering."

He shook his head. "I'm sure you'll get another chance." His voice trailed off as he walked out of my room.

"Hey, Kody," I heard.

"Hey, Garrett."

I turned towards my door just as Garrett walked in. "Hey."

"Hey," I replied.

Garrett plopped down on my bed.

I grabbed my black Vans and sat on the edge of my bed to put on my shoes. I reached down, quickly put them on, and stood from the bed.

"So what did you think of Adrian yesterday?"

I shrugged my shoulders as I walked over to my closet and took out my black leather jacket.

"It was weird, what he did at the bowling alley," Garrett spoke.

The muscles in my jaw tensed as I put my jacket on.

"He seems kinda chill but that incident at the bowling alley was creepy. He likes Roxy; it's obvious."

I didn't say anything, turning around to grab my keys from the bureau.

"We're guys. We know how guys work. He was definitely trying to put some moves on her," he continued.

I knew.

"Ready to go?" I asked, finally turning to look at him.

"Yeah." He stood from the bed.

"Grab the football."

He walked over to my closet and grabbed the football.

We walked out of my bedroom and down the stairs.

"My car or your truck?"

"Let's take your car."

He nodded, and we made our way to his car. Garrett got in the drivers seat, while I got in the passengers seat. He turned on the car, and we made our way to Carter's house.

"Man, I love your car," I said as I admired the sleek black interior of his black Dodge Challenger.

"Thank my dad for it," he mumbled. "Call Carter. We're almost getting there."

I pulled my phone out of my pocket and called him.

"Hey," Carter answered.

"Come outside."

"Alright." We both hung up.

Garrett parked in front of Carter's house. Carter was already standing on the sidewalk. He got in the car and put on his seatbelt.

Garrett turned onto the street and drove. We were going to meet the guys and Roxy at the park.

"You guys want some iced coffee?" Garrett asked.