Chapter 20 - Ryan

"Hurry, we're supposed to be getting ready for the party," I called to my right, as I stood in front of my closet, rummaging through my clothes.

"Yeah, yeah," he said, standing from my bed. "So Valentine's day is this Sunday," he started.

"Listen, Garrett, if that's your way of asking me out on a date..." I turned to my left after he walked over.

He laughed. "In your dreams, Lexington. But seriously, any plans?"

"What do you mean?" I asked, as I continued to look for some clothes.

He coughed. "Roxy."

I grabbed a plain black long-sleeved shirt and turned to see his face.

"What about her?"

"Why don't you ask her to be your Valentine? Or ask her out on a date?"

Now it was my turn to laugh. "You're kidding, right?" I removed my current white shirt I wore and put the black one on.

"You know I'm not. Just ask. Be all like 'hey, Roxy, be my Valentine this year.' Simple as that." He started looking through my closet. "You said I can borrow some clothes, right?"

"Yup." I walked over to my dresser and grabbed a pair of socks. "Hey, toss me a denim pair of jeans."

"Yeah." He grabbed a pair and tossed them over to me.

I caught them in my hand and quickly took off my black jeans to put on the denim pair. I grabbed the socks and sat on my bed. I put them on and put on my black Vans.

"Ima borrow this shirt." He held up a charcoal-colored shirt. "And this jacket." He grabbed my black leather jacket.

"Go for it."

He removed his black shirt then put on the shirt and jacket.

We both walked over to my dresser, grabbed a bottle of cologne, and put some on.

"Ready, Garrett?"

"Yeah." He turned off the light.

"I need it to get my phone and keys."

He turned it back on.

I grabbed my phone and wallet then stuffed them into my pockets. Grabbing my keys, I turned the light off.

Garrett and I made our way down the stairs.

"My truck or your car?" I asked, stepping outside.

"Your truck. I don't feel like driving tonight."

I nodded my head. "Alright. Well, let's hurry so we can pick up Carter."

I unlocked the truck with my keys, and we hopped in. We both put on our seat belts, and I pulled out of the driveway.

"You're not gonna ask Roxy, huh?"

Focusing on the road, no words were spoken. He knew the answer already.

"I'll take that as a 'no.' So you won't mind, if I ask her on a date?"

I turned to look at him for a brief moment. He had a cheeky smile. Rolling my eyes, I focused on the road once again.

"Alright. You got me. I'm not going to ask her. But for a guy who says he's into a girl, you don't really get jealous."

Jealousy wasn't out of the question. Seeing other guys talk to her sometimes got me riled up.

"It's different. I know you don't like her in that way."

"How do you know for sure?"

"Garrett."