Chapter 7 - Roxy

Monday morning, and I woke up to the smell of pancakes. I got out of bed and walked out of my bedroom. I tied my hair up in a ponytail, as I walked down the stairs. My dad was at the table, eating pancakes. My mom was standing by the stove, cooking. They were both already dressed. My mom was wearing a navy-colored dress that she would usually wear for work. My dad was wearing dress pants with a gray dress shirt but no tie. I wondered where they were going.

"Honey, you're awake," my mother spoke.

"Yeah. Why are you both already dress-" I was cut off by the sound of the doorbell ringing. "Who's at the door?" I stood where I was.

"Oh, good," my mother said, excitedly, as she went to open the door. "How was your flight?" I heard her say.

"It was long," I heard a deep voice which sounded a bit familiar, but I couldn't remember from where.

"Well, at least you're here," my mother responded. "Come, come," I heard her say, and then I heard footsteps getting closer.

My mother walked into the kitchen with a guy behind her.

He was wearing a black coat with dark-colored jeans. He was tall. Had tanned skin, black hair, and pale green eyes. I couldn't deny he was attractive. He smiled which showed his straight white teeth. I couldn't help but remember that smile. It was Adrian's smile. Adrian!

"Honey, you remember Adrian?" She turned her attention to me.

"Actually, yeah, I do," I told her.

"Adrian, you remember..." she continued.

"Roxy!" He came up to me then picked me off the ground and hugged me. "You've gotten so tall." He then put me down.

Adrian used to be a neighbor of mine, until he and his family moved to New York, our fourth grade year. We were in the same grade, but as I recall he was already eighteen, since his birthday was in November. We used to be great friends. He didn't go to the same school as me though. I think he used to go to a private school. I used to have fun with him, and we would always play when we were kids. I had really missed him, he was great. Still is, I hope.

"So have you." I looked up at him. "How tall are you now?" I remember him being a bit shorter than me.

"I'm six-two now," he replied.

"Come on, and eat breakfast first, then you both can catch up after you eat," my mother told us.

Adrian and I walked over to the table. I took a seat, while Adrian greeted my father then he sat down in a chair across from me.

My mother served us pancakes, and we both started eating. After we finished eating, I excused myself from the table. I told Adrian I was going to go upstairs and shower then get properly dressed, since I was still the only one in my house who was still in their pajamas.

I walked up the stairs and into my bedroom. I went into my bathroom and quickly showered. When I got out of my bathroom, I dressed myself. I put on light-colored jeans, a black shirt and a white zipper sweater. I quickly brushed my hair and just left it down then I put on my white high-top converse.

I walked out of my room. I saw the light of the guest bedroom on, and I walked inside. Adrian was putting his clothes into some drawers. I guess he had removed his coat because he wore a black long-sleeved shirt. I walked over to his bed and took a seat on the edge. He smiled when he saw me.

"How have you been, Roxy?" he asked me as he walked over to the bed and sat on the same edge.

"I've been good," I told him. "What about you? How's New York?"