Chapter 22 - Ryan

"Hey, how'd your date go?" I asked Finn. "You barely had a chance to tell me this morning since I got here so late."

"The guys already know." He turned to face me. "Yeah, it was great. She really liked the new café."

"When are you going to ask her to be your girlfriend?"

"I asked her yesterday."

"Dude, for real? That's awesome."

"Yeah. We're actually going to hang out after school. I'm going to go to her school and pick her up so we can hang."

I nodded my head.

"That reminds me. Can either you or Garrett give Rox a ride home? Rox is cool with it. She's the one who actually urged me to spend time with Grace."

"Yeah. I'll ask her if she wants me or Garrett to take her home."

"Thanks."

"Alright. Take out your notebooks. We're taking notes."

The class did as they were told and took out the materials needed.

Nothing too interesting. A few notes taken, opinions shared with the people surrounding us, and a few pages of homework assigned. Nothing new.

"Catch you later," Finn said, when the bell rang.

I nodded and walked towards my class.

A few people were already seated in their seats. I sat in my assigned seat and waited for class to start.

"Hey," Carter said as he sat in the seat in front of me and turned sideways to face me.

"Hey."

"What's up?" Garrett asked, sitting in the seat to my left.

"Hey, so Finn actually asked Grace to be his girlfriend," I mentioned.

"Yeah, he has the guts to do it, unlike some people," Garrett mumbled under his breath.

I turned to him, giving him a death glare.

He turned to look elsewhere, whistling as he did.

"What's going on with you two?" Carter said.

"Nothing. You know Garrett is always talking about things we don't understand."

He shrugged his shoulders and turned to face the front, since the bell had rung.

As our teacher instructed us to take out our notebooks for notes, I was mouthing to Garrett to keep his mouth shut.

He shrugged his shoulders and rolled his eyes.

I sighed and focused on taking notes.

"Don't forget to do the homework for tomorrow," our teacher called out when class ended.

"Catch you guys later." I waved as I walked away.

They waved as well and walked in a different direction.

I made my way to my math class and walked inside. Roxy was already in her seat. She was writing something down on her notebook. I walked over to my assigned seat, on her right beside her.

"Hey."

She looked up from the page and looked at me.

"Hey." She smiled.

"What are you writing?"

She shook her head. "I was just doodling."

I reached over to look at the page. Hearts were scattered all over. Her name was written several times in cursive writing. My name was written down in cursive too, along with the guys' names.