Chapter 30 - Ryan

I sat at my desk and turned on my laptop. I grabbed a notebook and a pen. I searched the internet for nearby towns where we lived. I spent about an hour searching. Once I found a town that seemed to fit, I grabbed my phone and called Roxy. I waited, hearing the ringing sound.

"Hey," I heard from the other line.

"Hey, Roxy."

"What's up?"

"So you know how we were talking at lunch earlier today about spring break? Well I was searching up some things for spring break," I said, putting my phone on speaker and setting it down on my desk.

"What'd you find?"

"Alright, so I was looking up for the nearest places to rent a cabin or go camping and I found Sheer Rivers. It's the closest place from here."

"Oh, Sheer Rivers. I remember that town. I remember going there when I was like seven or something."

"Yeah. There are different things to do. There's a lake. We can go swimming. There's canoeing, hiking, and other things as well. Plus the town."

"Ryan, that sounds awesome."

"I hope so. We can tell the guys tomorrow."

"Yeah. Hopefully we can find a cabin that we can rent the whole week."

"I was kinda looking into that but I figured we just leave that to Finn. He's better at those sorts of things. I'm sure he'll find a great place."

"Yeah."

"So what's up? What are you up to?" I got up from my desk chair and walked over to lay down on my bed.

"Nothing. I'm just home, watching shows. Finn is out with Grace. He dropped me off at home then went to pick her up. Garrett is binge playing that new game and Carter is out with his parents. They made him go somewhere with them. What about you?"

"I was just home doing nothing. That's why I was looking up stuff for spring break," I said. I paused for a brief moment before speaking again. "Hey."

"Yeah?"

"If everyone is busy, why don't we go do something? We're not doing anything. It's only four," I said, after looking over at my night stand clock.

"Yeah, that sounds like fun. Anything you wanna do?"

"I'm not sure yet but if we're not doing anything, let's do nothing together."

She laughed on the other end of the line. "Alright. That's better than being alone here. Pick me up in a few?" she asked.

"Yeah. I'll grab my stuff and head over."

"Alright. See you in a few," she said, before hanging up.

I got up from bed and walked over to my closet. Weather outside was cloudy today so I grabbed a black denim jacket and put it over my grey long-sleeved shirt. I made sure I had everything I needed and headed out to my truck.

I arrived at Roxy's shortly after where I made my way inside her house. We had a key to each other's houses so I let myself in. She walked down the stairs and walked over to hug me.

"So anything you want to do?" she asked, after pulling away.

"Let's grab something to eat?"

"Yeah," she said, grabbing her bag from the nearby couch.

Roxy locked up and we walked over to my truck. I walked a few feet in front of her and beat her to the passenger side so I could open the door for her. She got in after thanking me. We decided on In N' Out so I drove to the one we always went to. We ordered when we arrived and found an empty table to sit down.