Chapter 6 - Ryan

"Ryan! Ryan! Get up!" There was jumping.

I tried moving in my bed, but there was weight on top of me.

I swear, if it was Kody again...

"Ryan, get up. It's Christmas morning. Santa brought us presents."

Santa?

I opened my eyes. My younger cousins were sprawled all over my bed. Some were over me. I sat up as best as I could.

"Santa brought you presents?" I asked.

"Yeah!" they all cheered. It was about seven of them. The youngest on my bed was two and the oldest was seven.

"You won't be able to open them..."

They had frowns on their faces now.

"...because I'll eat you all! Roar!"

Screaming, they all ran from my bed and out of the room.

I got out of bed and chased them.

Some of them were quicker than others. I grabbed the kid closest to me which was my cousin Josie. She was only five.

In a swift move, I picked her off the ground.

"Ahh!" she screamed. "Help me!"

The others soon ran back. Furious, I might add. They all piled onto me. Two wrapped around my legs. Dolan, the seven year old, jumped onto my back. The others were punching my arms and my stomach.

"Let her go!" they yelled.

I laughed and put Josie on her feet.

"I'll get you all!" I joked.

They ran off screaming.

"Don't run down the stairs!" I yelled.

I walked down the stairs after them.

Everyone was in the living room. And I do mean everyone. I guess I was the last one to wake.

I looked over at the clock that hung in the living room. It was seven in the morning.

"Morning," I spoke. "Merry Christmas."

I heard a handful of 'Merry Christmas' then sat down beside my brothers on the carpet.

"Alright," my dad started. "We'll pass out the presents to the youngins, first."

My aunts and uncles started passing the presents to my younger cousins.

Immediately, they unwrapped their gifts like there was no tomorrow. I heard multiple cheers and squeals.

My parents handed me and my brothers our gifts.

I unwrapped mine. They were a few button up shirts and a few sweaters. There was also an envelope with money in it.

My parents had given me and my brothers clothes and money. Just like every year. It wasn't a disappointment because we rarely asked for stuff. They usually got us something we'd use.

"Thanks, mom and dad," I spoke.

My mom smiled.

I returned my attention to my cousins. A lot of the younger ones got toys. All ranging from dolls, to Nerf guns, to video games, to my cousin Josie getting a three-foot doll house.

My cousins that were teens, got different things. Some got new phones, new clothes, gift cards. It varied.

Overall, everyone was happy. Even my parents. My brothers and I got them matching watches. Nate thought of the idea. The three of us chipped in.