Chapter 16 - Ryan

"Hey, Ryan." She smiled.

"What's up?"

"So what are we doing after school?"

"After school?" My eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

"Yeah. Do you want to go get some ice cream or something? My favorite ice cream is cookies and cream."

I nodded my head.

"So is it a date then?" She smiled.

"Sorry, but I have plans."

Her smile quickly turned into a frown. "Oh. Okay. Maybe next time."

"Maybe."

She nodded and walked away.

I put my things away into my backpack, hung it over my right shoulder, and walked out of the class.

Most of the students had already left the classroom, since the bell had rung already. I had told Roxy to go ahead without me.

I made my way down a few hallways and headed to the outside quad. I looked over to the outdoor lunch lines. The lines died down a bit but I knew nothing good was left in the cafeteria. I headed straight for the guys.

"Hey." I sat down in my seat.

"Why are you so late?" Carter asked.

Everyone was already seated at our table.

"Fiona."

"Dude, she's still trying to get you to ask her out?" Garrett questioned.

"Yup."

"When will she stop?"

I shrugged my shoulders.

"You aren't going to eat?" Finn asked me.

I shook my head. "I walked out too late. Probably nothing good left."

Finn grabbed his backpack, took out an extra sandwich, and handed it to me. Garrett handed me a granola bar. Roxy handed me an apple, and Carter handed me a Gatorade drink. He usually bought two. One for lunch, and one for later.

"Thanks guys," I spoke and started eating.

They all nodded their heads.

"We still going to the library after school?" I asked.

"Yeah," Roxy answered.

####

"Where's Carter?" I asked.

Garrett shrugged his shoulders.

Carter walked out from around a corner.

"Where were you?" I asked.

"I had to ask for some extra credit work for calculus."

"Dude, just last week, you were complaining about how Mr. Merycal was giving you guys a lot of work," I spoke as we walked inside the library.

"I know but I still need extra credit," he spoke, signing into the library sign-in sheet.

I nodded and signed in after him.

"We're sitting at our usual table?" Garrett asked.

"Yup," Roxy spoke, walking in front with Finn.

We made our way to the back of the library and sat at a round table for five.

I sat in between Carter and Garrett. Garrett sat beside Finn, and Finn sat beside Roxy, just like lunch. We all got settled and took out some work to do.