Chapter 18 - Ryan

"Guys, today is the day!" Garrett sat at the table with Carter following right behind him.

We all looked at each other, confusion written on all our faces.

"Admissions?" he questioned, eyes switching to each of us, trying to see if we remembered.

"What admissions?" I asked, wondering what he talked about.

"College admissions!"

"What?" the rest of us asked in unison.

We all took out our phones.

I checked the date. Today was indeed the day most of us found out if we were accepted into certain schools.

"They start sending out emails today and so on," he further explained.

"It completely slipped my mind. I mean, I knew it was in this month. I just forgot what day it was," Finn spoke.

"Any emails?" Roxy asked.

I went to the mail app of my phone and refreshed. No emails from any schools yet. "Nope."

"No."

"Nada."

"Nothing yet," I heard Carter.

"Nothing. It's still early," Roxy spoke, getting up after the bell rang.

"Come on, Ryan." Carter stood, along with everyone else.

I grabbed my backpack, and we headed to our first period.

"Excited for college admissions?" he asked.

"Hopefully I get in."

"Our grades are similar, and my grades are fine. Don't worry. You'll be fine."

I nodded, as we walked into our classroom and sat in our seats.

Taking out a notebook and pencil, I waited for class to start.

"We're probably taking notes today."

I nodded, turning to look at Carter. The bruise on his face was now fading and was harder to see.

"Hey, the bruise is going away."

He rubbed his face. "I hope so. It's been a few days."

"What about the other ones?"

"The ones over my torso seem to be taking a bit longer."

I nodded.

Mr. Galos stood in front of his desk as soon as the final bell rang. "Admissions, huh?"

Some people groaned.

He chuckled. "I get it. It's a bit stressful. Don't worry, though. I'm sure you guys will do fine."

"Fine, my aşs," someone mumbled.

The class erupted in laughter. Carter and I laughed as well.

"Settle down. Time to take notes." Mr. Galos stood away from his desk and walked over to the white board.

More people groaned but did as they were told and took out their notebooks and pencils.

Nothing too different. Class time was spent taking notes and discussing them with the people around us. We made sure we understood the material and asked questions if we didn't.

"See you later," Carter said as soon as the bell rang.

I packed up my things and headed to my physics class. I sat in my seat when I walked in.