Chapter 41 - Roxy

"Hey, ready for the party?" Carter asked, as he walked into Finn's house with Garrett behind him.

"Not really," I said, sitting up on the sofa and crossing my legs.

"Get ready, or are you going in sweats?" Carter questioned, sitting down on the couch.

"Do I have to go?" I asked.

"Yeah, we're all going," Garrett told me. He was sitting on the opposite sofa, next to Carter. "Ryan, will be here soon."

"Come on, Rox," Finn tried convincing me, as he walked down the stairs.

"Everyone ready to go?" Ryan asked, walking through the front door and closing it behind him.

He was wearing black jeans like he always did. He also wore a black leather jacket with a white shirt under it. He wore his black Vans and had his hair styled back. I had to admit, he looked hot.

"Not yet, but I will be," I mentioned, as I stood and walked up the stairs.

I walked into Finn's room and locked the door behind me. I looked through the closet and hoped I had something in here. Towards the back, I found a black dress.

"Yes," I said to myself, as I took out the dress and placed it on the bed.

I decided to straighten my waves real quickly with the straightener I usually left at Finn's house. I stripped myself of my clothes and put on some black spandex shorts on, then my dress. The dress was quite simple. It had no designs of sorts and it was mid-thigh length so it wasn't super short. The dress also had tank top straps. I looked in the mirror and liked my appearance. The dress hugged me in all the right spots. Now I just needed some shoes. I looked around and noticed my hi-top all black chucks by the bed.

"Why not?" I mumbled to myself and put on the shoes.

I got my small black leather shoulder bag and put my things in it. Once I was ready, I walked out of the room and down the stairs.

"Woo! Roxy!" Carter whistled, standing up from the couch. "You look hot, you'll for sure find yourself a guy tonight."

"The shoes are an awesome touch, by the way," Garrett complimented, as he stood and walked over to me.

"Thanks."

"Alright, let's go, guys," Finn said, and we all walked out of the house.

Carter had called shotgun so he went in the front while Garrett, Ryan, and I went in the back.

It was about a twenty minute drive from Finn's house to the party. When we arrived, Finn parked his car on the side of the street. I left my bag in Finn's car and just carried my phone with me. We all got out of the car and walked to the house. You could hear the music blasting from the house, as we walked up the driveway. When we got to the porch, over to the left was a couple making out. We walked in and the music was much louder inside. The living room lights to our left were a bit dim. There were people dancing in the living room and people just talking and hanging out in the hallway and the kitchen to our right.

"I'll talk to you guys later," Carter said, before walking away. Probably to mingle.

The four of us walked into the kitchen. Finn noticed Grace with her friends and went over to her. She was going to be at this party too. Once he greeted her, Finn and Grace walked out towards the backyard.

Garrett, Ryan, and I got something to drink. I got a water bottle, while Ryan and Garrett both got soda. We stood around the island, chatting.

"I want to dance. Who wants to dance with me?" I asked Garrett and Ryan.