Chapter 11 - Roxy

The bell had rung, signaling that lunch was over.

"Let's go," I told Finn, standing from the bench and gathering my things.

"Alright." He stood from the bench, putting his phone in his front pocket.

The rest of the guys stood as well.

We all grabbed our things and threw our trash away.

"See you guys after school," Carter spoke, walking away with Garrett. They both had classes in the same hallway

"Bye, Roxy. Bye, Finn." Garrett waved at us.

I waved at him. "Bye, Gare Bear."

"See you guys." Ryan walked off in a different direction as well.

"Ready?" I asked Finn.

"Yeah."

We made our way to our class. We both shared fifth period art class together.

"So who were you texting?"

"Grace." He smiled.

I nodded my head. "You know, it sucks that she doesn't go to our school."

"I know. But we text all the time. We even FaceTime." His smile didn't fade one bit.

I smiled too. "I'm glad you have somebody."

He turned to look at. "Come on." He draped his arm over my shoulders.

The conversation was starting to get mushy, and he usually didn't like talking that way about his love life.

"Alright." I wrapped my arm around his back.

"Hey, Finn, Roxy," Rogelio addressed us, as we passed him in the hallway. There was a girl walking with him. She had green eyes and light-brunette hair against her pale complexion.

"Hey," we said in unison and waved.

He waved as well and walked away.

"Hey, who was that girl with Rogelio?" I asked Finn.

"I'm not sure. Probably some girl. He's probably seeing her."

"Yeah, but she seems a bit different than the girls he usually hangs out with. Kind of shy. Plus, Rogelio doesn't date. Sure, make-out sessions? Of course. Girlfriends or dates? No."

"You know now that I think about it...Rogelio doesn't really date. I've seen him making out with girls at parties but that's it. I've never heard about him having a girlfriend," he spoke.

"Who knows. It's not our job to pry into his life."

"You're right."

We walked inside our class and sat in our seats beside each other.

When the bell rang, our teacher stood in front of the class. She gave a quick lecture about facial features. She then proceeded to pass out plain white paper, instructing us to draw our partner.

Finn and I got started. I drew him, while he drew me. More like attempted.

"When you're finished. Show it to your partner," our teacher announced.

Drawing Finn took almost the entire period, but when I finished, I showed him the drawing.

"Sorry," I spoke. "You and I both know I suck at drawing."

He chuckled, upon seeing my drawing.

"And sorry that it makes you look like a potato with hair and eyes."