Chapter 34 - Ryan

"Hurry up, Garrett, take that stuff to the truck," Carter said.

"I'm going, I'm going," Garrett replied, before grabbing the suitcases and taking them outside.

"You guys, we still need to go to the store to buy stuff, so I suggest we hurry," Finn said, grabbing a suitcase and walking out of the front door.

My Monday morning. We were trying to get on the road soon.

I turned around to scan the room for anything else that needed to be taken outside. I saw Roxy struggling with her suitcase so I went over to help her.

"Let me." I motioned towards the suitcase.

"Thanks." She stepped to the side.

I picked up the suitcase in one swift move then carried it outside to the truck and placed it in the trunk.

Carter walked out with his suitcase in hand.

"So is that everything, or what else do we need?" Finn asked, while we all stood by the truck.

"I think that's all," Roxy answered, leaning over and looking in the bed of the truck.

"Alright. I'll lock up the house." He nodded and walked away.

"Let's get in," I said.

I got in the driver's seat. Carter got in the seat right beside me, while Roxy and Garrett sat in the back. Garrett sat behind me while Roxy sat in the middle. Finn got in the back, sitting behind Carter.

"Everybody ready? Didn't forget anything?" I questioned, putting the key in the ignition and turning on the engine.

"No," I heard mumbles.

I nodded, before driving. I drove for about fifteen minutes until we got to the grocery store. We were going to buy some food before we went up to Sheer Rivers.

The five of us got out of the truck.

"Wait," Carter said. "Someone needs to stay to watch the suitcases." He pointed over.

"I'll stay," Roxy volunteered.

"No. You're not staying out here by yourself," Finn told her.

"I'll stay, too," I offered.

"Alright. Come on, guys," Garrett said.

Roxy and I handed Finn our money for the groceries, and the three of them walked away.

"Can you unlock the car door?" Roxy asked, turning to me.

"Yeah." I unlocked the truck with the remote on my keys.

She walked over and got in the front seat. I soon followed and got in the driver's seat again.

We both sat in silence. She was looking outside the window, and I was looking at her. Actually, I was admiring her like I always did.

She wore black jeans and a blue and white flannel long sleeve shirt with a white shirt under it. I actually think the flannel belonged to Garrett. She was usually borrowing some of his flannels.

"What?" Her attention turned to me now. She held focus on my eyes. Her hair was down in waves, and she moved it out of the way when it fell in front of her.

"Nothing," I said, remembering to breathe. "So are you excited?"

"Yeah, it should be fun. I'm excited to go swimming in the lake. What about you?" she asked me.

"I know it's going to be fun. I'm up for nature," I replied, breaking eye contact and looking down at my cup holder, moving around an old straw wrapper.