Chapter 5

Story continues with narrator point of view..

Zoya and Asher. They both couldn’t conduct their real feelings for eachother. Their souls craved to never be apart but their duties, bodies, and brain neglected it all.  

The next morning, Zoya had stolen Kat's car.

She drove into the middle of town and parked her car down by her favourite place in the world, Somerstine Lake. It was so peaceful there. Even if there were to be a riot uphill, down by the lake you would only hear the birds chirping.

It was merely a magical place, the water was so pure and it glittered but what was most astonishing was that the lake was in the shape of a total O.

As always, she began throwing pebbles into the lake. Soon after she chucked the fourth pebble into the lake was when she realised that they were all beginning to float... she got up and slowly walked closer to the edge of the lake. Yes,, the pebbles were actually floating. She tried looking deeper into the water but then she noticed her reflection which had begun to fade away, this wasn’t just generally but because the water in the lake had turned the colour black!

The sky was still clear; Zoya wandered how on earth the water had changed its colour to a perfect pitch black. She took about two steps back just when a string of black water from the lake collapsed around her ankle and pulled her in.

It pulled her under with such force; she wasn’t such a good swimmer either which just made this scenario much worse. Something gripping around her ankle was slowly sinking her under all the way to the bottom. It was so dark so there was no use of her opening her eyes underwater. She opened her mouth but then she just ended up gulping down a mouthful of lake water which tasted like lime.

There was nobody around for help and her phone was in her jumper pocket which she had decided to take off and sit on, but she was helpless so it was useless to her right now anyway.

Seconds later there was a soundless splash in the water in front of her. She couldn’t see anything but the water bubbles underwater. To make herself visible to whoever it was, she tried to move a bit in the water but Zoya could not do much because she was already feeling dizzy.

The person however, managed to swim down around by Zoya’s ankle and yank the intangible line of water from around. They then swam up behind her and gripped her waist, hoisting her upwards, out of the lake.

The last thing she remembers was being thrown onto the ground by some girl with hair as long as her own.

“Ow...’ Zoya said moaning and instantly gripping the side of her head as she regained consciousness on Jai’s bed,

Kat was sitting on a stool beside the bed changing the cold wet wraps she was placing on Zoya’s forehead.

“And now that teaches you to never steal my car again.” Said Kat , walking away to the sink.

Zoya turned to sleep on her side noticing that she and Kat were the only two inside the room.

“What the hell happened.” Zoya moaned.

“Well,” Kat started off, “your stupidity came in the way again so you decided to jump in the lake, Aria was luckily going down to the dairy and spotted my car! Be thankful to Aria that you’re not in hospital.”

Zoya was so confused. She swore that she was saved by a girl with pitch black hair which was as long as hers, whereas Aria’s hair was just up to her shoulders. She decided to not argue that point with Kat.