Chapter 28

Zoya

I had cried so much that i felt like throwing up and my head was hammering like hell. Plus, my baby wouldn’t stop kicking! I pounded on the door and shouted and shouted but yet nobody could hear me. I couldn’t bring myself to eat the canned food but i couldn’t starve my child alongside me either. The room was so dark, it scared me. Jai and the rest think I’m safe here with Kat, but then Kat thinks I’m back at the cottage and then the problem is that neither of them can contact each other since there's no reception from outside of the mansion to the cottage house. Well this sucked like hell; i wonder when they open the door would they find my dead body here.

Rose

Three days later

I walked into the small room to collect the rest of the clothes left to wash when i spotted Jai sitting by the window cill, deep in thought.

“Jai?” he didn’t react, “JAI!” he finally turned around and looked at me, “What's up?” i asked him as i sat down next to him on the bed but he just looked down with a sad expression.

“We all miss Zoya too Jai but she's gone for a good cause just remember that. After all of this is over then you and Zoya can go back to your own world where there are no problems just you both and your child.” I said caressingly and he finally managed a quick smile.

“But then Rose, i don’t know why but a while after she left from here, I've been getting all these bad feelings about her, i really don’t know but what if something’s wrong?” he asked me.

“Nothing is wrong, Kat is with her alright.” I gave him a smile and told him that Mrs Malik and Zack are waiting on him for lunch.

“Now it’s time to get all these clothes to wash,” i said exageratingly and he managed a low chuckle.

“Sure, you get to that,” he waved me off.

I walked into the tiny laundry room and saw Mrs Genivenne just coming out.

Mrs Genivenne was the owner of this small cottage house, i heard she once used to be a loyal maid in the Palace but then she grew old and she couldn’t work but because of her years of dedication to the palace, Zephyr made her a small house here.

“Before i could put all the dirty clothes into the sink, somebody shouted ‘guess who?’ and covered my eyes with their hands.

“Zack, i know it’s you.” I rolled my eyes as i turned around to look at him.

“Ugh how do you always know it’s me!” he moaned like a little child as i turned back around and began my work.

“Well that's because, firstly no one else in the house would do this, and secondly just because you cover my eyes it doesn’t mean i can’t hear you, i know your voice.” I said playfully.

“Hey Rose?”

“Yeah?”

“I love you.”

And at that i began blushing with my cheeks burning red. He came around to face me and cupped my face in his hands.

“You know it’s cute when you blush like that.” He smiled at me but i did whatever i could to keep my gaze down.

And then, he pressed his lips onto mine, but then he pulled away much quicker this time.

“What happened?” he asked me.

“nothing.” I answered.

“Hey babe, i know you're upset and worried about Kat and Zoya right now and trust me you have all the rights to be, but they will be fine okay. And plus just because you can make Jai believe your fine and talk him into letting loose too, you don’t fool me. Now hurry up, the food is waiting.” He said and gave me a reassuring smile and headed for out the door.